German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One one of our woods walks.....

He jumped straight up in the air when he first saw it then came at it from every which angle. Never bit it but thought it rather curious.

These are some shots on our walk in the woods and field behind our house.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Awesome pictures! Rainer did the same when he met a turtle in its tank at PetSmart...though that turtle decided it can take him on and was hitting itself at the tank towards him 0____o

·
Registered
620 Posts
Great pictures. We ran into 3 turtles last week for some reason, I had to keep Hugo away since thy were snapping turtles and pretty ornery ones too.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
that is ADORABLE :D

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
It must be turtle season.

Two days ago, I heard my blind dog and youngest one outside raising a fuss together outside while I was making my coffee. I went to see what was setting them off, and the blind dog went racing by me with something in his mouth. He then dropped a turtle he'd been carrying. Poor thing was hiding in its shell, but no puncture wounds. I moved it outside our fence so that the dogs wouldn't harass it.

I think the turtles must smell very interesting to them...

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
Had a turtle in my backyard a few years ago. No idea how it got through my fence. But I looked out to check on the dogs and all 3 were huddled around something just staring. Went out and found turtle. Wish I had gotten pics!!!

Someone mentioned PetSmart, took my boy Ike there lots, and once walked past the fish aisle. He FREAKED!!! It was hilarious. He was so upset by the fish!!!

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
We were at my Dad's place this weekend visiting and the dogs found 3 snapping turtles in the ditches by his house (lives in the boonies ;) ). I had to keep them away from them because the snappers kept coming up on the property and jumping at us or anything that moved near them! The dogs were good about leaving them alone, but those suckers were mean!

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
Haha this is great. I love the first photo - such interest! :D

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
great shots,,love the turtle pic:)

·
Premium Member
4,733 Posts
nice pictures! lexie just met a frog last night and jumped 2 feet in the air, lol. that's one nice back yard you have there, the dogs must love it and so do the ticks im sure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts