German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I mentioned a while ago in "stories" that Beast had a new kitten. Usually a very prey driven dog who drives our resident kitties bonkers, the foster kitten seemed to melt the heart of the Beast. Only a few weeks old, very sick, and bottle fed the kitten came to stay- and Beast loves her. He cleans her...lets her ride his back...snuggles her. I can never get a photo because of his aversion to cameras...but I snuck in to the bedroom because all seemed so quiet. I had to move like a ninja to snap these bad shots:

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
That is so cute! And so odd since he's not a fan of the kitties- guess something just touched him about this one. Or else he's waiting for it to add a few pounds and be more than just a snack!

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
awwww so cute,,I think Beast wants you to KEEP that foster kitty:)

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe he would like to eat it. He is ALWAYS licking it. I think the husband and boy would like to keep it (they named HER Jake).
The other cats can't figure out what is happening. They have been coming out and walking around and seem stunned when Beast is right there on them (if they don't run he does not chase...but he is there next to them waiting)- they can't figure out what the little kitten has to prevent Beast involvement.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
So sweet!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
adorable. You know you have to keep that little kitten dont you? It would break poor Beast's heart if you didnt! its a beauty and the beast situation.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
I have two cats (one a somewhat recent addition). If we keep this one I am just one step closer to the crazy old cat lady distinction...

lol the minimum for crazy cat lady is 10.... you have a way to go! hehe. Dont break Beast's heart!!!!

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I tell you, if this kitten wanted to live here it would hide its evil once in a while. She just attacked my face because I was talking on the phone- my lips were moving! She is not co-ordinated yet so the jump into my face was a clumsy mess of claws and fur. She tore the piping on my sofa in the night (first night allowed to sleep not crated)!

She grabs the very furry Beast tail and attacks it, chews it, etc. He tries to lay near her but never quite judges right and often lays ON her. She gets on the bed or sofa and races from side to side trying to grab his ears. I cant understand what he sees in her!

·
Registered
403 Posts
aww, maybe he senses that she is needing some extra tlc. I love hearing stories like this. Always makes me smile.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
ah he loves her!!! you may not like the kitten too much but i have a cat who was raised by Zena and Riley and she thinks she's a dog!! maybe thats the Kittens mentality too!!! lol

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's not so much that I dislike her...I ...I just don't really like the baby stage in any creature (I even prefer my kids now to when they were babies). I usually bring adult animals into my home and that really suits me. All this kitten energy is unnerving.
She sneaked into our room last night and I did not see her (we sleep, door closed with the dogs). I woke up to find her sleeping with the Beast- he didn't even seem to know she was there.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
It's not so much that I dislike her...I ...I just don't really like the baby stage in any creature (I even prefer my kids now to when they were babies). I usually bring adult animals into my home and that really suits me. All this kitten energy is unnerving.
She sneaked into our room last night and I did not see her (we sleep, door closed with the dogs). I woke up to find her sleeping with the Beast- he didn't even seem to know she was there.

I miss when my kids were brand new and easier to take care of. I love them to death but really cant wait for the no diapers stage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts