German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My gal-dog had already watched my big-boy go through his paces. Often, I'll ask for similar behaviors from each dog. My gal either made an assumption from watching my big-boy work, or it was an error in my body language. Either way it was a funny failure to communicate, and I almost ended up on loosing my knee! Ouch

OMG you goofball training video.

·
Super Moderator
5,968 Posts
She's so fast!She suddenly became super intense for whatever reason and I almost expected to see you flying up in the air when she darting around under you:)

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
I didn’t expect that. She looked like she was getting into it, then started flipping around. Does it still hurt? The other night my older one was acting up so I leashed her and he was trotting around sniffing. Suddenly he ran at her like he was going to shoulder punch her, only he ran directly into the leash. She almost launched and I nearly fell over. I won’t do that again. I think he was upset she wasn’t running with him and was trying to get her to play. She isn’t usally leashed to me and he didn’t see it,

Why do you call yourself in the videos Old Lady? You are not Old old. My dogs have play dates with a woman who is over 90. That is old! I have to make sure she is sitting down before they race in or they could knock her over just saying hello.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Wow, that was a really nifty move by her, but it looked painful for you!! Good that your knee is ok.

We were trying that trick (dog between legs) in class, and I learned the hard way that Rumo is too tall and my legs are too short. Every other dog ran through gracefully, and when he tried to go through mine, I fell over (after a brief "pony ride"). I was like, OK, this will not be in our trick repertoire...

( And I agree on the "Old Lady" title. I'm pretty sure I'm as old or older than you, and I call myself a "Middle-Aged Mom". Hmm...maybe that's not too flattering either... :ROFLMAO: How about "Mature Babes"..."Mature Babes and their Dogs"?)

·
Super Moderator
4,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why do you call yourself in the videos Old Lady? You are not Old old. My dogs have play dates with a woman who is over 90. That is old! I have to make sure she is sitting down before they race in or they could knock her over just saying hello.
I use old because it is fun and catchy. I'm over 60 and in the eyes of some people that is ancient :sneaky:. I am in a group called Seasoned Seniors. I'm the baby of the group. I have to say that many of the 70s don't look and act that old either. But then again, I have these pains that take much longer to go away than they used to....argh.

GSDchoice, I wish I could have seen that "pony ride". My big-boy can also go between my legs. He is much larger, meaning powerful and less nimble, so he goes slower. But if he does put on speed or try to sneak through I have to give him plenty of room or I'd be going for a ride, too.

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
You look young and active on video for an old person! I forgot to mention mine run under my legs and my older one can stop and sit or lie down if he wants to. He has never knocked me over except that one silly accident but that was not going under my legs. I taught him to do that when he wanted to go outside and was motives to get past me. I went outside and gave him one option, to go low and under or to sit and wait. He realized right away he can’t run into me and get outside, so now he goes low and through. My older dog just doesn’t care that much.

·
Super Moderator
4,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love these games. That is how I taught another dog to jump through a hoop. If she wanted to go down the hall she had to go through the hoop.

·
Registered
954 Posts
GSDchoice, I wish I could have seen that "pony ride". My big-boy can also go between my legs. He is much larger, meaning powerful and less nimble, so he goes slower. But if he does put on speed or try to sneak through I have to give him plenty of room or I'd be going for a ride, too.
Yea, but he does fit through a 17" tall dog door so if he could just hunch down and bend his legs a bit like when he goes through the dog door, he should be able to do it, right? Maybe I gave up too soon! :) And you look great, I hope I'm as active as you when I hit my 60s.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts