German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been letting Dodger sleep with me at night and I'm starting to regret that decision. why you ask? because he's a bed hog that's why!!! wert night he knows to wait to get on the bed until I get in and comfortable, which he dies great with. I get in bed and call him up, he starts out long ways in my bed laying against my legs with his butt facing my head, so I'm doomed if he cuts the cheese (which he did last night :sick:). at some point during the night the stinker is laying width wise, tail hanging off the side of the bed, causing me to be scrunched up at the head of my bed. I kept pushing him with my feet to get him to move, but he'd just moan and not move :mad:. I kept fighting with him through out the night and contemplated kicking him off, he was doing a great job at keeping my feet warm so I decided he can stay as long as he move his furry butt the right way. I guess I won the battle because this morning he was laying the way he was at the beginning of the battle. I got out of bed to brush me teeth and I come back in to kick him off the bed and the butthead is sprawled out in the middle of the bed. I'm pretty sure his battle plan was to kick ME out of bed!!! brat.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Hehe. I feel your pain. If one of us gets up Max will take our spot and put his head on the pillow. He thinks it's his bed.

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
Just kick your legs. They learn to get out of the way. My male used to lay along my side head close to my face, and switch it up at night. Many times I did some midnight petting only to wake up and realize I had a handful of balls. Not nice. Nor are the farts you can feel brush your face. I've got 2 dogs sleeping on a queen.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow please excuse the typos I'm on my phone and the stupid autospell thinks I'm typing one word when I meant to type another grrrr

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just kick your legs. They learn to get out of the way. My male used to lay along my side head close to my face, and switch it up at night. Many times I did some midnight petting only to wake up and realize I had a handful of balls. Not nice. Nor are the farts you can feel brush your face. I've got 2 dogs sleeping on a queen.
I was!!! kicking pushing but the butthead just groan at me and never moved!!! lol I have one dog sleeping on a single!! I need a bigger bed I know lol

·
Premium Member
3,779 Posts
I was!!! kicking pushing but the butthead just groan at me and never moved!!! lol I have one dog sleeping on a single!! I need a bigger bed I know lol
Ok.. I withdraw my advice. Get a bed big enough for the two of you lol

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok.. I withdraw my advice. Get a bed big enough for the two of you lol
haha I want a bigger bed so bad, I'm just very broke and can't afford it :( I can't wait until I go to grooming school and get a grooming job

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hahaha! I'm actually buying a bigger bed asap, just for skylar. And i'm getting a boy, so i've been testing on queen size beds (yeah, measuring the dogs and bed) to make sure 2 shepherds will fit with me LOL.
haha I want a full that should be big enough.

·
Registered
31,968 Posts
LOL! Babsy thinks that the bed is hers. Her Highness likes to lay atop the pillows across the width of the bed. I sometimes order her to move and get in, and then call her up. Then she gives me butt.

If I try to squeeze in and push with my head and neck to gain some head room, she pushes right on back.

Sometimes I get in and literally pick her up and move her to her proper lengthwise position. She then turns around and gives me butt. I tell her I want her head up here, and then she turns back around and lets me have her head for a few minutes and the jumps out and gets in her own bed.

Normally though, I squeeze myself in, and when she shifts, I grab a corner of the pillow for my use.

My dad read me some stupid article about how people who sleep with their pets are at a higher risk of infection, parasites, and even plague. PLAGUE!

Plague is spread by fleas on rats. They will move onto dogs if you have them. If your dog has a flea problem the fleas will be in your carpet and will bite you above the ankles. I do not think that you are any more likely to get the flea bites if the dog sleeps with you. If your dog sleeps with you, I would think that you would try to maintain a flea-free animal. But what do I know. Been living away from home for 15 or more years now and slept with a critter the entire time, and have not gotten plague or parasites yet.

·
Registered
314 Posts
This is to funny. My wife is making me buy a king size bed this week because I let my boy sleep with us. And my wife is going to kill me if I dont lol. The bad part is I go to bed before she does and my boy goes with me. And when she decides to come to bed, me and him are spraweled out leaving her no room. And she didnt think it was funny when I said his bed was empty.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL! Babsy thinks that the bed is hers. Her Highness likes to lay atop the pillows across the width of the bed. I sometimes order her to move and get in, and then call her up. Then she gives me butt.

If I try to squeeze in and push with my head and neck to gain some head room, she pushes right on back.

Sometimes I get in and literally pick her up and move her to her proper lengthwise position. She then turns around and gives me butt. I tell her I want her head up here, and then she turns back around and lets me have her head for a few minutes and the jumps out and gets in her own bed.

Normally though, I squeeze myself in, and when she shifts, I grab a corner of the pillow for my use.

My dad read me some stupid article about how people who sleep with their pets are at a higher risk of infection, parasites, and even plague. PLAGUE!

Plague is spread by fleas on rats. They will move onto dogs if you have them. If your dog has a flea problem the fleas will be in your carpet and will bite you above the ankles. I do not think that you are any more likely to get the flea bites if the dog sleeps with you. If your dog sleeps with you, I would think that you would try to maintain a flea-free animal. But what do I know. Been living away from home for 15 or more years now and slept with a critter the entire time, and have not gotten plague or parasites yet.
haha I don't allow Dodger to have his head by mine simply because I don't want to smell his doggie breath and risk getting kisses all night long.

I can see that happening if people don't keep their pets clean and their house clean. I keep my house very clean vacuum every other day and all the animals (including the cat) are up to date on all shots and get flea medicine every month.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Just me and Chance and king sized bed. He has his own side. If he is on my side when it is bed time, just point and say move to your side and he does! Stays there all night if he behaves, (not barking or sitting on me to guard). Otherwise, it is "off" and he spends the rest of the night in the crate next to my bed. sometimes wish he would snuggle, but if I try, he moves over.

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
last night was successful!!! he didn't hog the bed once!! YAY now if only he'd stay where hes supposed to this every night lol.

·
Registered
330 Posts
congrats on a good nite! Zeb gets into our bed and throughout the night pushes me into the middle and my hubby wakes up squashed against a wall. He doesn't think it's funny :p I need a kind sized mattress. lol. Luckily he lets me cuddle with him at nite and I wake up holding him like a teddy bear.:wub:

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
congrats on a good nite! Zeb gets into our bed and throughout the night pushes me into the middle and my hubby wakes up squashed against a wall. He doesn't think it's funny :p I need a kind sized mattress. lol. Luckily he lets me cuddle with him at nite and I wake up holding him like a teddy bear.:wub:
awww :wub: I tried to do that with dodger on the floor and he stayed for a half hour then got up haha.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have two Shepherds with me on a Queen, one under it, one on a crib mattress on the floor, and another crated because he thinks I am a trampoline. At least Stella sleeps with her head next to me not the tail end! These guys definitely have atomic farts!!

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have two Shepherds with me on a Queen, one under it, one on a crib mattress on the floor, and another crated because he thinks I am a trampoline. At least Stella sleeps with her head next to me not the tail end! These guys definitely have atomic farts!!
tell me about it :sick:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Piper will lay across the pillows as well! I then move her and she puts her head across mine still trying to hog the whole thing. She eventually moves down to the end of the bed, but as soon as we wake up, she is back to the top of the bed aiming for the pillows...when I am still on it! If it wasn't so cute and funny, I would get mad lol.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts