German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may need to go in the behavior section of the forum but maybe someone can help. My 3 year old hates baths and its a fight every time and he is so strong I really can't handle him enough to get the job done. Anyone have tips on what would make it easier? I know groomers is an option but they complain that they can barely handle him as well. He loves the water just doesn't like it forced on him apparently and he flips out.

·
Super Moderator
6,163 Posts
The only tip I can think of is if it's the tub he dislikes rather than the water maybe he'd do better if you tethered him in the yard.Hook the hose up to an inside faucet(may need an adapter) so the water is warm and give that a try.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My GS doesn't like it as well, but since I take him to Petco and wash him at their facility; he can no longer fight me. Because the leash they supply you with ties into their wash tub; it is near to impossible for the dog to jump out or stand on it's hind legs. All he can do is howl and whimper. And when you are done washing him, You can easily lead him to the dry area and again the leash is secured to the wall so that you have the ability to towel and blow dry him off -- and to do this work -- cost me a whooping $10.00 (it is worth the drive) &&& yes they do supply you all the towels you need.... hopefully you have a Petco that offers this service (do it yourself)

·
Registered
106 Posts
If you are interested they do have one in Baton Rouge, LA. Here is the address and hopefully it is close by -- give them a call and see if they offer "Self Cleaning Services"!

Petco
Acadian Village Shopping Center
Baton Rouge, LA (225) 297-5997
Open until 9 pm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts