German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I think its about time to give my 13 week old her first bath. When outside she doesnt really appear to like puddles so I hope it goes ok. I plan on putting an inch or so of water in the tub so she can soak....

But my question is what is everyone opinion on the best shampoo to get ???

·
Registered
936 Posts
Does she need a bath? I only bath my GSDs when stinky or dirty....my 16 week old still smells like puppy :)

If I bath and use a shampoo it is an oatmeal organic type...then again, the swimming pool works!

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
soak? LOL oh I don't mean to laugh, but I kinda doubt she'll be lounging around in it ..
Don't be surprised if she screams like your killing her, and definately keep the bathroom door shut:)) Have lots of towels on hand and have fun ,,

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah she smells like urine as she has been have some crate issues and urinating in it then laying in it. Going to vet Monday

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
I have no idea what the name is (it's outside and i'm upstairs) but it's pink and it smells like flowers. So when i give my GSD a bath he smells like a flower, it works well, when he's wet he smells like a flower instead of wet dog.the scent is pink lilac :)

·
The Italian One
8,729 Posts
I very rarely bathe my dogs. Usually brushing them keeps them smelling good and looking clean.

When they do get into something stinky I use a spray-on waterless shampoo that has Melaleuca in it called Miracle Coat. Not only does it leave them smelling fresh but it doesn't strip the natural oils. Also, you don't have to bother with the tub and water everywhere.

I order it through KV Vet Supply. I haven't seen it in any of the local stores.

eta: here it is on KV - http://www.kvsupply.com/KVVet/produ...alse&mscssid=002F8565085544B02BCDBAE15144B54F

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info Vinnie, I will try that. Like I said we are having a set back with Kennel training. She started to urinate in the Kennel. We have a reg vet appt Monday for her distemper booster and some other things and I may talk to the vet to see if she has a UTI or something as she was not peeing in her crate last week.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts