German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I gave Ruby a bath out in the front yard. It was pretty hot - in the high 80's. I've never given her a bath outside before. I figured she would love it because she LOVES to frolic in the hose and play
But to my surprise she acted all weird, like ewww! don't let it touch me!
Then she got the hang off it and just stood still, since I obvioulsy wasn't going to stop
. Afterward I moved her to the very middle of the lawn in the sun and was TRYING to towel dry her.
I'm sure you can tell how this went...
She kept grabbing the towel and playing tug. Our lawn has a slight slope on it. She rolled over and over and would've rolled right into the street if I hadn't stopped her!

Finally I had to get DH to help and hold her while I dried (was trying to do the leash and towel thing- wasn't working). So then she fell to rabbit kicking me on her back, wagging her tail and snapping at the towel. DH laughed. I didn't mind she was rolling in the grass after the bathe- it was still cleanier then when she started out!
I was wondering why she liked this part so much. Maybe it's all the rubbing and fluffy towel goodness. I guess if I had someone doing that for me in the sunshine I'd be pretty happy too.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Cody acts the exact same way. He LOVES to chase the water hose and will go crazy if someone even touches it, and will chase the water like crazy, but when the water touches him, he is like "YUCK, you are doing WHAT to me" but like you said, we still do that.
That is so funny with the towel...

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Mine love the water but freak when I give them a bath.

I always do it outside in the summer so I don't have to clean the dog hair out of my bathtub.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts