German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:grin2: Hi my fellow German Shepherd lovers! I am happy to say I love this great community. Making friends who love their pets as I do, exchange ideas, funny stories and...perhaps enlighten someone's path when issues arise with their pets is quite rewarding.

My Baron is 8, and Bella is 7. My late husband gave me Baron as a gift from a puppy store in Scottsdale, Az. Oh! What a treasure he is! Mommy's boy for sure...and Bella came from a breeder in Connecticut...She is just gorgeous, playful, stubborn, lovable... kisses and makes friends with all humans, but they both dislike other dogs.

Trying to socialize them at pet stores, parks, or walking them, hasn't worked...I'm extremely careful to say the least. If they see a dog, they turn into Mr. Hyde.:|

Please feel free to share ideas. Thanks!:gsdhead:

·
Super Moderator
4,821 Posts
it can be hard when dogs are dog aggressive or leash reactive. I find it is much easier to work one dog at a time.

Looking forward to seeing your lovely little pack

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is hard. I wouldn't dare walk them together!

Baron and Bella individually are great walking by my side. They were both also raised with my Czarina, a Pashmina White Persian Cat. They have no issues with cats either, but another dog is a threat to them.

Bella sees bunnies at night and actually herds them...She does the cutest stomping with her front paws, and a little bark as if to say...Move on, lol! The bunnies know us already and know I won't let her lose so they don't run away any more.

I have attached pictures, but I'm not sure why I can't do their pic as an Avatar. There's much to learn here.

Thank you for sharing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts