German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Depends on the dog. Frightened anxious dogs maybe at 8 weeks. Easy going friendly dogs maybe never? Our female started around 4 or 5 months. Our boy is currently that age and doesn't do it. Really depends on the dog and how it was raised.

·
Registered
30,889 Posts
It really depends on the dog and the situation. Do you mean bark while in the house or on the property? My dogs all learn from each other so when one starts barking, they all do. It's annoying. If in general and in public, my male will not react unless you come at me and get in my space. My female has a ton of suspicion and certain body language turns her on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It really depends on the dog and the situation. Do you mean bark while in the house or on the property? My dogs all learn from each other so when one starts barking, they all do. It's annoying. If in general and in public, my male will not react unless you come at me and get in my space. My female has a ton of suspicion and certain body language turns her on.
agreed

·
Registered
143 Posts
Mine will bark at anyone that walks by my house. I could stop him but I like him being wired up because there’s a lot of crime in my area

·
Registered
804 Posts
My dog isn’t a big barker. He sees the lawn guy come every week and just watches him through the sliding glass window in the back. He’s never barked at him. However, he will bark at anyone who knocks/rings at the front door. He can’t see them. He stops when I get up to check it out. I think that started around adolescence...7-9 months. He’s almost 3 years now.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Lex didn’t make a single noise when our landscapers came in Nov to clean the yard. Last week there was a major tree cutting job on our road. She would not shut up for a second literally for half an hour, I think to the point till her throat was sore, then she stopped and ignored them for the rest of the day.
She is normally not a barker.. Fozz starts, sometime she ignores her, sometimes she woofs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts