German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I've got a 5/6month old rescue pup from SPCA, he has been home 6 days now, he's got some issues with his legs (carpal Subluxation). He's a lovely friendly boy - except...

He is generally good with my boys, four old twins and 6 year old, but when I give them a milky drink in the evening he does a strange yowl/cry and lunges at them. The boys get scared and we tell him off and make him sit on his bed. Is this aggression? Does he want the drink? any ideas what is going on?

Also, I look after my 94 grandmother who lives in a flat in my house. She is confined to her rooms most of the time but when I took the pup to meet her he went crazy growling and barking, I had to take him away. She wanted to try meeting him again so I took her up to my living room and sat her down, gave her treats to throw to him her would take food from her hand after a while and licked fingers etc but would alternate between that and barking and growling quite ferociously. When my twins starting playing with my grandmother sitting on her lap he settled down and stopped barking. Eventually though he starting rushing up barking and I had to take my grandmother back to her flat, he even kept barking at the chair she'd been sitting in. When my grandmother calls me for a cup of tea etc he barks like mad.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Yes. With two four year olds a six year old and a 94 year old grandmother to take care of, I don't believe this is the right dog for you.

That dog will require a lot of time and work and there are still no guarantees.

Cut your losses and find a dog that will fit your situation.

If you get a dog like a GSD to bring in to a family like yours you need to know exactly what you are getting. Perhaps a rescue that has been fostered for a few months or from a good breeder.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts