German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a citronella bark collar for when I'm not home . I'd like to train my dog to not bark excessively. The collar is only for when I can't correct bubbles like when I'm at work. I don't know what techniques to use to train my dog to not bark.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A neighbor threatened me to call animal control because of excessive barking. Even though it is his fault. He thinks he is king of the neighborhood and complains to hoa. I've caught him several times peeping over my fence making my dog bark. My dogs protecting her territory and I haven't been able to catch him on camera . So I need to stop and train bubble from barking in the meantime.

·
Banned
1,116 Posts
Your problem is not your dog but your neighbour. Don't hesitate to contact police first and tell them that you have been HARASSED regularly. You have to go there and write down a report. Your neighbour could be a sexual maniacal nut, if he's staring through the fence; ladies, the dog owners are their favourite prey - he knows what he's doing when he irritates your dog! But, don't stress this dog issue to police, it should not be that important for them in YOUR case. And, don't talk to him at all!
It would be absolutely impossible to do anything with your dog, as good training comes with cool head. You are stressed and your dog feels the same.
And, beware of dog poisoning! Very typical of maniacs, he will glue your attention forever!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your problem is not your dog but your neighbour. Don't hesitate to contact police first and tell them that you have been HARASSED regularly. You have to go there and write down a report. Your neighbour could be a sexual maniacal nut, if he's staring through the fence; ladies, the dog owners are their favourite prey - he knows what he's doing when he irritates your dog! But, don't stress this dog issue to police, it should not be that important for them in YOUR case. And, don't talk to him at all!
It would be absolutely impossible to do anything with your dog, as good training comes with cool head. You are stressed and your dog feels the same.
And, beware of dog poisoning! Very typical of maniacs, he will glue your attention forever!
My friend has seen him pop his head over the fence, too. I'm going to report it even if it does turn into his word against mine. Yeah I'm really scared about poisoning. I hate to have him as neighbor much longer. It stresses me out and worries me especially for bubbles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts