German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
so many threads with dogs being rewarded , inadvertantly , for undesireable behaviour, yet when they are good they are ignored. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

If the dog is shy , fear aggressive , an introduction to the neighbour is not going to solve anything. It might give each party a false sense of security. Invitation for disaster. They need to leave each other alone. Dog barks at neighbour privileges taken away. Crate Zeeva up . When she realizes the negative "reward" she'll start responding as best as she can.
Very much agree with this. I would never reward my dog for jumping up and acting like a fool by giving it a treat. I call the dog over and it is expected to settle on command. If dog doesn't settle, everything is taken away. Up the obedience, consult a good trainer, and take control of your dog. Remove privileges and manage this behavior.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
You want to be out it is going to be on MY terms. Too many people have dogs running their lives. They are supposed to be our companions
Amen!
Certain behaviors are completely unacceptable in my eyes. Aggression against others being one. It'll be a cold day in **** before I reward my dog for displaying this behavior. You are in charge. Guide your dog and help it become what you wish it to be. With strong-minded working breeds, if you give them an inch, they will take a mile.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts