German Shepherds Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to cross post this on the general behavior board as well... I would love ANY advice....We have an 18 month old male GSD, whom we have had about two months, and he is fantastic. Loving, wonderful with everyone. A little standoffish at first with people he does not know, but as soon as we say "its okay" he wants loves and belly rubs from them as well. Well, the last few days it has been over 110 degrees and a zone of our AC went out, causing our 4 kids and I to sleep in our bedroom, and my husband in the family room. This change in sleeping arrangements, part of the house being boiling hot, as well as the fact we have construction going on outside the house, seems to have put "Van" on edge. He seems skiddish, and the past three days he has started to bark at my husband. He barks when he gets up to get dressed for work, as well as when he comes in the house. When he barks, he looks scared of him (my husband has been nothing but sweet to Van). The bark is not constant, but does continue off an on, until I come in and say "its okay." Then he still seems really really skiddish around him! He is fine when we take our family walks, Dave often holds his lead, and he walks like a champ. He comes running to my husband if he is the one who picks up the lead and collar as well, ready to go for his walk! My question is, why, all of a sudden, is our dog treating my husband like a stranger? Is it the odd sleeping arrangements? The constant construction? He does not growl, or have his hackles raised.... but nonetheless, he barks, and we want to nip this in the bud! My husband thinks it is aggressive behavior, but I do not see him growl or snarl or anything. This morning I had my husband feed him, and offer him a treat etc. He would not take the treat from him. I am calling the trainer from him breeder today, but would love any other ideas! BTW, he is altered, and he is great with our 4 kids, not skiddish at all, and with my father (older gentleman).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.