German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

This is broly my 4 month old gsd he is a very active towards other dogs but never people he is chill and just waits for petting.

Just been having more intense barking and growling issues with him towards other dogs all breeds, shapes and sizes. No matter near or far once another dog is spotted he will lock on growl,bark, his hair on his back will stand and then he will try get at it, to him size does not matter atal. But if I got him closer to a dog to smell he just calms down smells the face for a couple of seconds and then he starts his barking again but never tries to bite thankfully. I've never had this issue with my older gsd kali she was more timid, nervous and cautious but never once aggressive.

The first picture was thismorning where it looks like he sleeps which even tho there a a dog house for him to sleep in can you spot him🤣 and This is broly this morning in the vet for his check up for his bloated belly just drinking too much water at once and is 18.5kg so still a bit under weight when I got him last month he was 13kg so previous owner may have not been feeding him right or as often as he should because he loves his food and eats 4 times a day. He also has a chipped k9 tooth luckily it's just his baby tooth but has to be removed incase of infection of the nerve.
Building Wood Window Door House

Dog Blue Dog breed Carnivore Ear

·
Registered
Krypto, Hiro and now Bernie who is a Golden Saint rescue
237 Posts
aw, such a handsome lad. i just trained a Leonberger-mixed monster using the basic techniques shown here:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuOmWJkaAAgP2gMgiLvRSIg
Beckman has the same philosophy of Dog that I've always had, and darn it works. Milan does the same thing me thinks. Kind of a dog trainer parlor trick. But if Broly is just aggressive with the other 4 leggers and nothing else, that's easily fixed, or so I've seen.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts