German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Here's the dad... Kender's let me Face the Peril The mom was a working line. Oliver was an oopsie ... the breeder didn't intend to have them breed :-/
Here's the grand dad... Dexter Vom Heiliger Huegel

I don't see overlap in the first few generations back. It's interesting that the body style is so similar. My thought is that Oliver is probably more sound than is father thanks for the working line genes. However, he's neutered so no puppies in his future. I'm not a breeder and have no plans for that.

Now here is a weird thing... He is completely black, except between his toes, which have brown hair. Thus in actuality, he's bi-color, which cracks me up. Only I know he's not actually ALL black.

Oliver is skinny, but contacted Parvo from the breeder (3 days after I got him) and I think it makes him thinner than he would be otherwise.
Interesting... thanks for sharing the lines.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Here's the dad... Kender's let me Face the Peril The mom was a working line. Oliver was an oopsie ... the breeder didn't intend to have them breed :-/
Here's the grand dad... Dexter Vom Heiliger Huegel

I don't see overlap in the first few generations back. It's interesting that the body style is so similar. My thought is that Oliver is probably more sound than is father thanks for the working line genes. However, he's neutered so no puppies in his future. I'm not a breeder and have no plans for that.

Now here is a weird thing... He is completely black, except between his toes, which have brown hair. Thus in actuality, he's bi-color, which cracks me up. Only I know he's not actually ALL black.

Oliver is skinny, but contacted Parvo from the breeder (3 days after I got him) and I think it makes him thinner than he would be otherwise.
Interesting... thanks for sharing the lines.
Brown hair between the toes of a black dog is most likely bleed through. It will probably spread with age to varying degrees. The dog is still considered black.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts