German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Subject: Fwd: Another Friendly GSD needs rescue ASAP from BARCS (Baltimore)! EXTREMELY URGENT!!!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, Feb 2, 2011 at 11:31 AM
Subject: Another GSD needs rescue ASAP!

Niko’s story:

Niko…Niko…Niko…such a goofy dog…this poor guy is totally baffled on why he is here at the shelter. He is a happy energetic man, but he made a “mistake” and ended-up in the shelter.
Here is the story:
One day a child in the home was rough housing a little too much with him, and Niko probably has enough and bit the child. Now that he has a “speed-bump” in his record….he can not go up for adoption.
I have personally spent time with this dog and he is just an energetic man. He has been friendly as can be since he came in, but we would still recommend hat he go to a home WITHOUT children.
Niko is not up for adoption and must go to rescue only. He is about 2 years old and already neutered…will your rescue give this guy a second chance?
If you can help Niko…please contact me ASAP:
[email protected]

Thanks!
Kat Knauff
BARCS

·
Registered
12,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From:Gary V. Hoover ([email protected]) Sent:Fri 2/04/11 8:13 PMTo: Cc: [email protected]

javascript:;javascript:;

Download

View slide show (1)
|
Download as zip

.ExternalClass{font-size:10pt;font-family:arial,sans-serif;background-color:#ffffff;color:black;}.ExternalClass p{;}Hello,

I am sending this out to the GSD and General Rescues i know about. Please look at Niko's attached picture and read his evaluation below.

Please rescue this beautiful, young dog. A great evaluation is presented below.

Niko is urgent at the Baltimore, MD shelter.

If you can help, please contact Kathleen at: [email protected]

As always, I can help with transport through central PA and can help find drivers in other areas to fill legs.

I would appreciate hearing any good news.

Many thanks and May God bless you for your rescue work,

Gary
Central PA Volunteer Rescue Driver

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
I hope someone can help this guy. BARCS is the Baltimore City shelter. They take in a huge number, est. 11,000 animals per year. They do the best they can. Have a great group of volunteers.

·
Registered
31,994 Posts
Does MAGSR, ASR and Shepherds To Love have this info?

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Hopefully good news for this boy.
It turned out that he has a serious ear infection (with draining discharge) and is in considerable pain. The kids probably hurt him. He may be going back to his family as they were not aware of the health issue. They say that he never acted agrressive and this was out of character behavior for Niko.

·
Registered
31,994 Posts
I hope that turns out well for him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts