German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Sunday I noticed that my Puppy’s ear had a bald spot on it.

I don’t know how it happened and she wasn’t itching it or bothered by it at all.

I took her to the vets the next day who said it might be mites and gave some medicine for it. We have been using the medicine for a few days now. But I’m looking for a second opinion because she has no symptoms of mites eg itchiness, red inflammation and also the vet didn’t seem confident on the diagnosis they said it “might” be mites. The vet also didn’t have the greatest reviews on google they were just the only ones available on short notice which is why I’m thinking of taking her to another vet to get it looked at.

Its completely fine except the bald patch and also her affected ear has not gone up at all since we noticed the patch. Her ears are normally up and down all the time or both half erect but the other one is pretty much fully up and the affected ear has flopped all week.

Just want to see if anyone has any clues on what it could be or if you think it is mites.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

(The ears look a bit greasy because I put the medicine in her ear canal but also a bit on the affected patch to see if it would help)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts