German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Its been a while since I made an update about Bailey. To date everything has been great and Bailey is huge and the typical GSD pup. Lots of getting into trouble and getting into the garbage. Basically all the normal every day stuff.
I came home from work tonight and noticed that Bailey has an insury of some sort to his leg. I notice him limping the other day and checked him out and found nothing and figured that one of the kdis must have stepped on his paw but there was no outward signs of injury or pain. Tonight I sat on the floor and checked him out again because its really concerning me and he layed down on my lap and I checked his whole leg out and at one point I had his upper leg near the shoulder I guess you would call it and his leg was like a machine in that if I pushed one way his whole leg would stretch out well I did that to make sure he had the full range of motion and as his whole leg straightened out he yelped out in pain. It was only when the leg was extended completely. When I made the leg move out of that position he was fine. I gently tried it again and again he yelped out in pain. I was very careful and gentle but I wanted to pin point the pain so I had some idea of what was hurting him . His pain is in the elbow area. He has had no injuries to my knowledge and I am wondering what could be the problem.

Please don't tell me to take him to the vet as I already plan on doing this in the morning. I am a good dog owner

I was actually able to find the spot that hurts him and with pressure he pulls away and yelps so I left it alone and he is in obvious discomfort so its time for the vet. The really suck part is that my wife just paid for and set up Bailey's health insurance yesterday and he won't have coverage for 14 days. I'm so pissed but there is nothing i can do about it now but take care of my bailey.

I will post pictures tomorrow. I'll take some new pics of him for you guys. He is nothing liek the lkast time you saw him thats for sure

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
so weird! I was just wondering where Bailey's updates have been... today actually!

Glad to here things are going ok, Bailey might have pano or he may have strained a muscle. Hopefully nothing serious. One of our dogs (18 months) developed a limp a few weeks back and after some rest
which was hard and some anti-inflam meds he is fine (vet said he had tendonitis)

more on pano

http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?cls=2&cat=1561&articleid=466

Post pics please!!1

·
Registered
6,271 Posts
ah! where is that lil puppy??? He has grown up! What a handsome dude
Looks like that couch is his fave spot!

Hope Bailey gets to feeling better and you figure out what is going on

1 - 7 of 7 Posts