If she's already been diagnosed then I doubt health insurance is an option now. Look into care credit. I would look into the FHO and the THR. FHO's have been done successfully on adults and is less expensive. If she's in pain now, I doubt you have a choice.
Health insurance won't be an option since she has already had a diagnosis. I'm sorry your going through this. We had a dog with X-rays very similar, a little worse. He showed signs of pain starting when we got him at 5 months old. We ended up putting him to sleep at 3 because of the pain in his hips and other severe health issues. Your probably going to need some pain management meds for her. I you can I highly recommend getting her swimming. Several times a week. You want to build all of the muscles surrounding the hip joint to take the pressure off some. We used orthopedic beds and kept him off of stairs. If cost isn't a concern talk to an orthopedic surgeon about surgery. Or look into a fundraiser to help pay. I wish we would have done that for our boy. It wasn't as popular then as it is now with All of the websites online that do it. There are some supplements like msm and glucosamine. We also did adequan injections. All of which you can talk to your vet about. I hope she stays relatively pain free for many years to come.
We had her on the puppy plan at Petsmart for the first year - she had hurt herself so we got her x-rays for something else and asked if they could get one of the hips so we would know if we could breed or not. I was just told that her hips weren't the greatest, but that its hard to tell when that young. This had to be a little after 6 months old. We have been giving her supplements and she doesn't seem to be in terrible pain, she is very active dog, but does have pain when standing up.
Money is an issue, but since she is young I would be willing to spend any money on surgery... is there anyway I could find out if she was already diagnosed, so that I can get insurance?
Any help would be appreciated - she is my family, if I knew they were this bad I never would have waited this long.
My baby boy has a bad hip as well, he is not putting a lot of weight on it and we are waiting until he is older to do the THR surgery. Anyone have any good outcomes with this surgery?? He is on pain meds now and we try to limit his activity to easy walks and no jumping. I have already sent his xray off to several specialists and to the University in Adelaide. We were referred to the top Ortho guy in Australia. He said he could do surgery at 7 months, that seemed early to me, but I am not the expert. Any help or opinions?? Thanks.