German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was cooking some ground meat, so when I took it out of the package I offered a good tablespoon to Kavik. He smelled long before taking it and then ate it by very small bites. I thought "What a picky eater" and kept doing my thing. When I added the salt and condiments I took a small pinch to taste and... Aaaaargh! It was the worst thing I've put on my mouth! I still have the bad taste at the back of my throat :sick: I bought it just yesterday and kept it refrigerated, but it was definitely spoiled, though it looked pink and didn't smell rotten. It was more like if it had fermented in some way.

Then when I go to the yard I saw that Kavik had regurgitated the kibble he had ate earlier (I don't blame him) but to my surprise, there was not only kibble there, but... a full sock! I don't want to think what would have happened if it had not made a reappearance, I doubt it would have been able to go all the way through without causing a blockage.

Now to be extra vigilant with this little one...

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Wow, I'm glad it worked out! :eek:

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Wow. What a crazy story! Crisis averted...

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
watch out for yourself, too! If you start having diarrhea the meat have had been infected with E-Coli bacteria and you need to see a Dr Immediately. Glad the pup is OK.

Jelpy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts