German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok the other night I had one of those dreams, more like a nightmare that I can not shake.

In my dream I found Max dead. I remember balling my eyes out yelling that this can not be happening. He is only 1 year old and I just put my other baby down a year ago. It was awful, I have not felt right since.

I think it comes from Rio, we put him down on Feb 18th 2009 at 14 months old. That date is just around the corner so I am sure that is what it is.

I hate these nightmares!!! Let's just say I have been hugging Max allot lately :D

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
I hate dreams like that. I had one that Wolfie was killed and it was right around the time that my Chief had died. Chief died almost 11 years ago now, and it still bothers me very much.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I've been having recurring dreams that my horse, Rocket, dies at his new boarding stable. I've had 3 of them so far. I think it may be because Ive been so busy and my pain and depression have been so bad that I can't ride him or get out there much, so I feel like I'm losing him.

So I know how bad it sucks to have one of those dreams. I just lost my dane in August, too. All we can do is hang on tight to the dogs we have now, and remember it was just a dream!

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Dreams can be scary but can also be good. When my lab mix got hit by a car and had to be put down 10 years ago I was so sad, then a few days afterwards I dreamed I walked into the house and there was Holly sleeping on the sofa. My husband told me the vet had made a mistake and it was another lab that had to be put down. I went to her and she licked my face and wagged her tail and then I woke up. It was sad to realize it had been a dream but also good because I got to "see" her one more time happy and alive.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Shortly after I put Minerva to sleep at 14y/o I had this HORRIBLE reoccuring nightmare. In the dream, I was walking her through the Union Station in downtown Chicago. The place was filled with people catching trains and passing through (Union Station is an old HUGE train station in the center of the city). Anyway, she slips away from me and I can't RUN to catch her. She vanishes between all the people and I keep seeing glimpses of her drifting farther and farther away from me. It is AWFUL! I wake and I am crying. I still miss her so terribly. I loved that dog.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts