German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was avoiding studying for mid terms by going through this book I have called Dog Tricks. One trick, called Stand Tall(the dog stands on its hind legs briefly), seemed interesting because I wanted to know if Chrono was even capable of standing on his hind legs.

I went through the motions of the trick. I took a treat and put it above his head, and then raised the treat up. Chrono just stared at it until it got high enough, and then he rose into the air...

...and kicked me in the stomach with his front paw, then dragged his claws down from my chest to my abdomen with his other paw.

And of course, since I'm so great at procrastinating, I had just clipped his toe nails so they were jagged and sharp as heck. His claws left a big bleeding gash all the way down the front of my body.

And what does Chrono do?

Comes and mugs me for his dog treat while I'm sitting there holding my stomach in pain and trying not to bleed onto my shirt.

Ugh.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
LOL fantastic visual description! I am sorry for your pain! However, sounds exactly like something my Madix would do. I would think "hmmm wonder if you can handle this" and he would retaliate with "take that!"

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Hey, you should have been videoing so we could SEE :) !!!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Lol but it sounds like the camera would have been a casualty the way he jumped up!

Rem did that to me earlier because I took too long getting a chew out of the cabinet. So then of course he didn't end up getting it because he was rude, so now he's pouting. But I just clipped his nails too, man it hurts when they nail ya in the torso like that!

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
sorry for your pain. clipped nails shouldn't be jagged or sharp.

And of course, since I'm so great at procrastinating, I had just clipped his toe nails so they were jagged and sharp as heck. His claws left a big bleeding gash all the way down the front of my body.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Oh, dear! That sound funny and horrible at the same time. I was trying to teach Dexter to sit up and beg and he just looked at the treat and gave me his paw, laid down, spoke and pretty much went through his bag of tricks. He totally didn't get it. My question, is it ok for large dogs to sit up? Seems harder for them.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Sometimes when I toss Banjo's rope toy it will get hung up in the branches of the apple tree in the backyard. Most times I have to go and get it myself as it's too high for him to even consider grabbing it. However if it IS within reach he'll go bipedal and grab for it. The first time I saw this it was downright spooky to see him up on his hind legs kinda-sorta walking around. Immediate thoughts of werewolves crept into my mind. I never really had much fear or worries about the mythological creature, but seeing my dog on his hind legs made my skin crawl some.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
how about not tossing his rope toy so far/high????

Sometimes when I toss Banjo's rope toy it will get hung up in the branches of the apple tree in the backyard. Most times I have to go and get it myself as it's too high for him to even consider grabbing it. However if it IS within reach he'll go bipedal and grab for it. The first time I saw this it was downright spooky to see him up on his hind legs kinda-sorta walking around. Immediate thoughts of werewolves crept into my mind. I never really had much fear or worries about the mythological creature, but seeing my dog on his hind legs made my skin crawl some.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
how about not tossing his rope toy so far/high????
It's a rubber doohicky attached to a rope, kinda heavy so I swing it for max distance. Now and again I have a bad release and have to go tree diving, I don't mind. I think Banjo gets a kick out of me shaking the tree branches as well.

*edit*

Also, what's the fun in throwing something if it's not as far and high as possible?

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
i mean, why throw it so it caught up in the trees?

It's a rubber doohicky attached to a rope, kinda heavy so I swing it for max distance. Now and again I have a bad release and have to go tree diving, I don't mind. I think Banjo gets a kick out of me shaking the tree branches as well.

*edit*

Also, what's the fun in throwing something if it's not as far and high as possible?

·
Registered
4,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey, you should have been videoing so we could SEE :) !!!
I think it would have been a rated R video with all the swearing I was doing :blush:! And maybe a little nudity too while I was checking my wound(it's all scabby and painful today :().

sorry for your pain. clipped nails shouldn't be jagged or sharp.
Thanks, it still hurts :(! Even when the vet clips his nails, the edges are always sharp because they aren't nice and smooth yet from walking on rough surfaces. I bought a dremel because you can grind them down so they are smooth, but Chrono haattess the dremel and the batteries run out too fast anyway. But the clipper always produces really sharp edges, and I'm so worried about making him bleed that his nails were still pretty long and pointy with sharp edges this time.

Definitely a baaaddddd time to be teaching him to stand, lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts