German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I am gonna go back to kibble this weekend. Tater is losing weight and his poops are too inconsistent. We haven't even started giving him OM, so we're just gonna give up. It just sucks mostly because he LOVES raw food so much and used to get bored of kibble after a while. We tried for a couple months, but it's not working. Blah lol.

·
Registered
27,302 Posts
Did you start him on digestive enzymes/probiotics? Feeding three smaller meals a day may help with the weight gain, and the poop may get more consistant. Not sure what varieties you've fed or the meat/bone ratio? I did see your other thread, but there wasn't much info. Have you had any fecal cultures run lately?
Good luck with the transition back to kibble.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you considered feeding one meal RAW and one meal kibble?
yeah, I might do that. I'm just not sure about the amounts I'd give for each.

Did you start him on digestive enzymes/probiotics? Feeding three smaller meals a day may help with the weight gain, and the poop may get more consistant. Not sure what varieties you've fed or the meat/bone ratio? I did see your other thread, but there wasn't much info. Have you had any fecal cultures run lately?
Good luck with the transition back to kibble.
I did not use digestive enzymes, I probably should have. maybe I'll try that. The 3 meals isn't really an option as we work during the day. We haven't done a fecal culture in a few months, but we did one about 6 months ago, maybe?

·
Registered
386 Posts
i use eagle pack, mainly because it does have probiotics in it.. my pup seems to enjoy it when its moist

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just wanted to update y'all. Tater has been back on kibble (Orijen) since Saturday evening and so far is doing amazing (better than when we first did kibble actually)! We do notice the following, though:

1. SOO much more poop, but at least now it's very hard and solid...still tons more of it now
2. Puppy smell
3. Smelly gas
4. A bit more shedding

That's all I really notice for now. He's gaining weight for sure already though so it's worth it. I hope to one day at least do 1/2 kibble, 1/2 Raw. Thanks for your help though :).

·
Registered
906 Posts
I've been feeding Brody Bravo raw only in the morning, raw and kibble for lunch and then kibble for dinner. I've been giving him a little bit of organic yogurt with each meal, and he's been doing great! Just give one raw meal and one kibble meal like Jake and Renee said. At least you have him on a good kibble if you choose to stick with the kibble! Good luck!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts