German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my pure bread GSD about 2 years ago and recently this year I hve been seeing him limp on his back legs alot. I've tried wrapping his back leg up with a bandage, keeping him off his legs as much as possible. His ears are pouting down a little and there red and he is constantly scratching at them I have cleaned them with cotton balls numerous times,and put ear drops. And he seems a little skinny but I've seen some pictures about GSD wieght and he seems a little underweight I feed him in the morning and evening.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Since he's over 2 years old I would look for a vet in the area that does OFA xrays and submit them to OFA to see if there's any problems with his hips.

Also, his ears should be seen by a vet to find out what's going on with them. You could easily be treating symptoms rather then the cause

You should be able to feel but not see the ribs while running your hands down the side of the dog. If too skinny up the food a little bit, if too pudgy then cut back. Delgado still goes back and forth between 3.5-4 cups a day depending on what he's done that day.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Been looking for a thread to ask this question and maybe its here. My gsd mix looks fine weight wise all from the stomach up but looking at her legs they seem awful bony or skinny compared to the rest if her body. She is 8 months old and do you think she will grow into her legs later? As in add more weight or meat to them? Or is this common for a gsd mix? My first dog so kinda new to the dog scene.
Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts