German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I used to belong to the Forum years ago under the handle fuzzybunny and my two dogs were Bunny (GSD mix) and Jazz (Shiloh Shepherd). Sadly we had to say good bye to sweet Bunny a year ago because she had DM which progressed quickly. Jazz is now 11 years old and you would never know it.

For those unfamiliar with Shiloh Shepherds, they are not the same as the GSD. They are great dogs, but different so it depends on what you want. Shilohs have softer temperaments so they are not cut out for protection work. I've heard some describe their Shilohs as being lazy with not a lot of drive. Jazz is a bit of an exception to the Shilohs I've known. We enjoyed Agility, Flyball, and sheep herding although now that he's older, he does less strenuous things and just likes to chase a frisbee or ball and occasionally harass our cat, LOL

Jazz took Bunny's passing quite hard and was depressed for a few months. Our cat at the time who was also very attached to Bunny, suddenly became very ill a couple of weeks after she died. The vet said his condition was stress induced and unfortunately due to his age, the outlook was not good. He passed away as well - I think from a broken heart. Jazz was the youngest so he lost both his buddies within 2 weeks of each other. We got a kitten in December so he has some companionship again. I included some pics. The third one on the couch is my girl Bunny who we lost at 12 years of age.

IMG_1231.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
6,039 Posts
Sorry for your losses. Jazz is handsome. I used to own two Shiloh Shepherds. My Shilohs were GREAT with cats and other animals.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts