German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I really need to know if it is ok for my almost 4 months old Shepard mix puppy to start loosing her baby teeth. She has lost 2 of them over this past weekend and I'm really scared. Her gums starts bleeding and then her teeth comes out. As a mom of 2 kids, when I examined the teeth, they had no roots, that shows that they are baby teeth. But this forum is my go to place for me to confirm all my assumptions. Also we see that she is also having some bad breathe issues, I'm planning to take her to the groomers. If any others tips, kindly share. TIA. :confused:

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Yes, your puppy is right on schedule for loosing her baby teeth and the stinky breath comes along with it :( For the breath and also helps with the gum tissue, I add Tropiclean Fresh Breath Water Additive to the water bowl. Mint flavored puppy biscuits or plain old milk bones help also. For the teething pain, my Sting liked ice cubes - he would first chase them over the kitchen floor. I have read in other threads, that a frozen puppy kong, or an old washcloth - wetted and twisted then put in the freezer helps also.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi all! I really need to know if it is ok for my almost 4 months old Shepard mix puppy to start loosing her baby teeth. She has lost 2 of them over this past weekend and I'm really scared. Her gums starts bleeding and then her teeth comes out. As a mom of 2 kids, when I examined the teeth, they had no roots, that shows that they are baby teeth. But this forum is my go to place for me to confirm all my assumptions. Also we see that she is also having some bad breathe issues, I'm planning to take her to the groomers. If any others tips, kindly share. TIA. :confused:
@Mary Beth: Thank you so much, appreciate it. I will implement all your recommendations and will keep you posted... :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts