German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All my life I have heard people say they never find their dogs baby teeth. The dogs swallow them, lose them outside, whatever, but I've had the impression that finding milk teeth is kind of rare.

Surprise, surprise. Boon is almost 6 months and I think we have found 4 or 5 of his teeth.

Anyone else have a similar experience? Are we just observant or "lucky"?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Yea I have about 6 of Gandalfs baby teeth in a little baggy along with his color ribbon his breeder put on him when he was born and his puppy records. I always found them by stepping on them in the apartment, ouch! I was going through stuff the other day and showed him and he tried to eat them. I don't know why I kept those things lol. I remember I did with my last shepherd too and it did mean a lot to me when he passed away.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts
I have two or three puppy teeth, but at this point I'll be darned if I know whose. Lol. I think a couple of Sabi's and one of Shadows, but could also be Freeways or Jokers. I make puppy toys out of old socks sometimes (for supervised use only) and they are fantastic for catching puppy teeth.

·
Super Moderator
4,954 Posts
I once heard that if you keep a GSDs baby tooth in your wallet you'll never be broke. Of course that is silly and of course I kept a couple of teeth (out of two pups I think I've found 3 teeth total). But I seldom carry a wallet. So the teeth are somewhere and I'll find them again some day.

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
I have several, in a little case that's clear so I can see them, on my dresser. Three from my first girl Tamsen, they are about 26 years old now! I found mine usually in the baguettes I'd give them when teething. I'd let the bread get a little hard, so puppies moistened them up while gnawing. Sentimental old softie things to keep, aren't they?

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have several, in a little case that's clear so I can see them, on my dresser. Three from my first girl Tamsen, they are about 26 years old now! I found mine usually in the baguettes I'd give them when teething. I'd let the bread get a little hard, so puppies moistened them up while gnawing. Sentimental old softie things to keep, aren't they?
That's so funny- my husband has been giving Boon stale baguette ends lately. I wasn't nuts about the extra carbs in Boon's diet but he does seem to enjoy chewing them!

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got another baby tooth (a canine) last night. Remarked to hubby that one of the deciduous teeth next to an adult canine was loose. Boon was seen picking up and playing with a tennis ball, then doing that tongue movement meaning "something's going on in my mouth". For 10 minutes, hubby wrestled with a resisting puppy to get hold of that loose tooth. Finally did. I think Boon only has two baby teeth left!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts