German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Cute puppy! Welcome to the forum!

No need to hold out for GSD puppies to get her a playmate, my puppy actually played more with other breeds more than she ever does with GSDs. Any pup of similar size will do!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Yes, my young, can be a wild and crazy playmate, female does not discriminate on breeds. She seems to prefer
mutts or pitbulls as there's lots of them around the dog parks. Surprisingly the pitties are the most tolerant of her
boisterous, rough play style. Most of the GSDs are so dominant even the young ones, that she prefers a slightly
more mellow breed.
Very pretty pup and welcome!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone! She has made friends with a few labs, a standard poodle, australian shepherd, and a beagle / terrier mix so far! Was curious to see how she would interact with another GSD, but noted it might not be everything I am expecting! This is her with her big sister Xena who is a major mutt (border collie, golden retriever, doberman, chow chow, great pyrenees, american staffy mix). I have noticed so far that Lilah really likes most dogs, but was put off by a Goldendoodle puppy we met the other day that was very high energy and in her face immediately.

·
Registered
6,039 Posts
I am onboard with finding other herders to play with. They speak the same language, tend to have the same energy levels, and tend to have the same play styles. It increases your chances of your puppy having many positive interactions with other dogs which can impact her for life.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts