German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This 8ish month old dutch shepherd...is well a terror haha, always getting into something...but you got to love him.

There is two sort of old ones but I love them, and there is a picture of me and him in there also.

Enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
Love Dutchies!!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
As another Dutchie owner..... great pup. Where did you gt him from? Plan on playing any dog sports?

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
ahhhh now i wanna dutchie even more! he's a handsome pup!!! i too wanna know where you got him!

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Cute pup and owner!

·
Registered
27,270 Posts

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Axel is a very cute boy, he looks like he is full of energy! :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Glad to know he was a rescue. I missed that thread as I was just home with my first people baby and all my dogs etc. I'm so ecstatic to see a Dutchie end up in knowledgeable hands but more bothered that he ended up in a shelter in the first place. I'm sure the breeder will never be found. More and more Dutchies are ending up in shelters.

When I bought my first Dutch, I had old dog sport friends contact me out of the blue saying it was great that I was looking into getting a Dutch- these were people that had no idea that I was looking at a Dutch litter. It ended up the breeder, now a good friend, was doing a lot of checking up on me prior to selling me a pup.

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
He is really cute! I had no idea there was a such a thing as a Dutch shepherd. See you learn something new every day.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yep I have Caelan. She's phenomenal. She'll be trialing in French/Mondio in May- hopefully. I'm dong open OB work with her right now as well. Ry will be trying to finish his open title in March. I'd like to get him into some more Ring trials this year, possibly a PSA2. If my DH and I had endless vacation time and resources to support a trial habit we would be out trialing more. But a baby and 7 dogs keeps us to local stuff only.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well luckily my girlfriend found him while browsing through the rescue shelters, honestly I was looking for a german shepherd but I found Axel here and immediately feel in love.

Sad thing is, he had another brother and a sister, I have no idea where they ended up :(.

Hes something else, always trying to dig in the trash and just well get into anything lol.

Well me and him will be doing training in two weeks, and once I have obedience down including off leash, I want to get him into schutzhund training.

·
Registered
55 Posts
That's great you and Axel found each other. Any type of training is such a great bond. Schutzhund will be a nice avenue, good luck
and enjoy!

·
Registered
27,270 Posts
Get him into SchH now! The obedience you will do with ScH will help him, no reason to do other training before you go to a SchH club.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Get him into SchH now! The obedience you will do with ScH will help him, no reason to do other training before you go to a SchH club.
I agree! I'm doing Schutzhund with my Dutchie (in Jane's group as well :) ) and I wish I had started him younger. The obedience I put on him is ok but it is not in the right position etc for Sch. Basically, I'm having to go back and re-do his obedience anyway. I strongly recommend starting right off in SchH obedience!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts