German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen online that the average female GSD weighs about 60-65 lbs. That seems sort of small to me. I have only had one female before this pup and she was about 75 lbs, but I never thought of her as being big.

A 60 lb average means there are a bunch of 50 and 55 lb full grown GSDs out there. That is just hard to picture, I guess!

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Mine is 65-70 and she is not a small dog.

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
I have no idea if it's average or not, since I haven't seen a large enough selection of female GSDs. I do know it's the standard size though.

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
I have had several females, all in the 60 lb range. Standard size and I would think probably average if attempts to breed to the standard predominates.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Mia is 17 months old and weighs 65 pounds.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Ditto is 76lbs, but taller than the average female GSD.

·
Super Moderator
32,394 Posts
The breed standard for a female is 48.5 to 70.55 pounds, with the midpoint being 59.5. German Shepherd Weight Chart and Height

That's almost exactly what Halo weighs, but most of my females have been slightly oversized, from 70 - 78 pounds. Average weight? Who knows?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Both of my previous females were in the 80 lb. range, but Neko (almost 6 months) is at 45 lbs right now and I'm guessing she'll end up around 60.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I haven't had Lisl weighed since she was at the Vet several months ago, but I was able to measure her at 21-1/4" at the top of the shoulder blade the other day.

I'd guess she's in the neighborhood of 50-55 +/-5 Lbs now.

She's nearing the breed standard for height at a little over 6 months. I hope to get another inch or so out of her before she's finished growing.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Fiona is 62 pounds at 11 months. I suspect she will add another 10% before hitting age 2.

·
Registered
51 Posts
my male is 16 weeks and only 31lbs. he is going to be undersized probably. he was the runt. he is also on the thin side, so we shall see when he is done growing.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
My female is 22-22.5 inches and 44 pounds. But she is too thin due to chronic diarrhea so she should probably weigh around 50. I'm guessing she'll mature around 55. 60 if we are really lucky.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
My female is mid to high 60's at full grown.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts