German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My german shepherd has been on authority by petsmart for 8 months and has done well, has anyone used this?and what do you think of walmarts pure balance? and nutro max? thinking about switching for a change for him , what would you recommend? wanting to stay in this price range, thanks

·
Registered
381 Posts
What is the price per pound you are looking for?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I'm not sure if you have a Tractor Supply but their 4Health (I didn't check their other brands) is in that price range for a 30 pound bag. Of the three you mentioned, I would go with Pure Balance myself as the others contain corn.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
My cats eat Authority and I've had two dogs on it with no issues, but when Delgado came and I fed it to him he didn't do very well on it so I switched both dogs to Fromm.

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Been thinking about trying Authority myself. My Tasha did not do well on Diamond Naturals. Nature's Recipe is just getting too expensive. I saw a K9 handler with his dog in Petsmart buying the stuff and the dog looked beautiful.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your response everyone, I think I will keep on authority, his coat is so shiny. has anyone used nutro max? and have you used i think the one that is beef?

·
Registered
381 Posts
1.10 a pound 33.00 to 35.00 for a 30 pound bag.
Victor is a great choice if it is available in your area. 4Health, Diamond Naturals and Premium Edge are also good choices in this price range.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts