German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This DOG - ID#A025375

I am described as a male, gray and black German Shepherd Dog.

My age is unknown..

I have been at the shelter since Aug 04, 2008.
http://www.petharbor.com/detail.asp?ID=A...pe_DOG,gender_m

<u>For more information about this animal, call:</u>

Columbia County Animal Care & Control Department at:
6337 Columbia Rd
Appling, GA 30802
Voice: (706) 541 4077 Fax: (706) 541-3895
KENNEL: Monday through Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

"Columbia Co Animal Control has another beautiful shepherd in desperate need of rescue. He needs out ASAP. Our volunteers have seen him and say he loves people, but not other dogs (no information on how the temp test was conducted) and is about 2 yrs old. Please feel free to crosspost"

*I am assuming the date-stamp on the picture is not accurate*

·
Registered
88 Posts
Ok, I live in the Augusta area.

As some of you know, I recently had to put my boy to rest after 12 years. I am not sure at this time, if I want another dog. What I do know is that I want to foster for a GSD dog rescue.

That being said, I filled out an application for GSDRGA. They have verified my references, and I am now waiting for the next step.

Now with all that said....I live very close to this facility, and on my way home, I thought what the hey, I would go have a look see.

They took me to a room and brought in the dog. He is very pretty. He would not come to me. He wanted to smell the room and jump on the window ledge and look outside. I could pet him, but not for long, he wasn't interested in me at all. He looked good, albeit a bit small. Or maybe, I just compare him to mine. I have no idea about how to look at dogs. Just thought, it was a place to start and get my feet wet.

Just an FYI, incase anybody is interested.

Kathy

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you Kathy for visiting with him. Even that is helpful! As you know, GSDs can be aloof at first.

Thank you for wanting to foster for a rescue. Good foster homes are crucial, not only to the rescue itself as a whole, but to the individual foster dog.

I am sorry about Bear. Most of us on here know what it means to lose our heart dog. You will love and miss Bear always.

Thank you again for the information on this boy.

Bump!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Kathy, I'm so very sorry to hear about your boy Bear....I know it's very difficult esp if he's passed recently ' not to compare'..I've been there. Fostering provides the perfect opportunity to help a GSD that may be in danger of being put to sleep. Great that you have affililated w/ a rescue group. Often dogs in shelters don't show their true personalities and it takes time away ...
thanks for what you will be doing
walton
Also being in Corgi Rescue, i recall that this shelter is high kill

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From the shelter volunteer Carol: "An aquaintance of one of our volunteers was interested in getting a german shepherd, he had previously worked as a policeman in the K9 unit, and was interested in training another dog. So he was rescued from the shelter the day before his euthanasia date."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts