German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
Trouble "Bailey" (27/01/2021) and his teenage handler
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have no clue what this squirrel wanted or why it was following us all the way through the park but it was… i’m going to say it wanted to fight bailey :)

anyway, random but enjoy the squirrel

Attachments

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bailey has grown a lot. How did Bailey react to the squirrel?
Surprisingly, no reaction! He looked at it, was told to leave it and then carried on sniffing a tree 😂

That first pic! :ROFLMAO:

"Fight me!"
Haha yes! It honestly followed us all the way through the park and got only a few feet away from bailey. Definitely wanted something but i have no clue what

·
Registered
Fern GSD 5yrs, Chloe the Cat
966 Posts
I was actually attacked by a family of squirrels when I was like 9 years old. I was walking under a tree and I started hearing furious chattering. Next thing I know they started throwing acorns and plant debris at me. I ended up crying and running down the street but it was just rows of trees. No one believed me so I took my family and friends there. Of course the squirrels became docile. Not a fan of them!!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was actually attacked by a family of squirrels when I was like 9 years old. I was walking under a tree and I started hearing furious chattering. Next thing I know they started throwing acorns and plant debris at me. I ended up crying and running down the street but it was just rows of trees. No one believed me so I took my family and friends there. Of course the squirrels became docile. Not a fan of them!!
uh oh, i feel like i shouldn’t laugh… squirrels are evil 😈

·
Registered
741 Posts
Not laughing, honest.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I was on a run (I can't remember if I had a dog with me or not) when suddenly a squirrel fell through the air so close to me I could feel it, hit the ground next to me, looked at me, and took off.

Because I am never one to freak out, I thought 'THEY'RE ATTACKING FROM ABOVE! THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN!' and picked up the pace, looking suspiciously around whenever I approached a tree. There are a lot of trees in my neighbourhood... 😂

Bailey is a very good boy with his leave it, and very handsome!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think the squirrel is used to being tossed food by people. The little guys can get pretty tame and will approach closely enough to hand feed.
that would probably make sense. there’s a park in central london and the squirrels will literally like climb onto your lap and steal your food.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was on a run (I can't remember if I had a dog with me or not) when suddenly a squirrel fell through the air so close to me I could feel it, hit the ground next to me, looked at me, and took off.

Because I am never one to freak out, I thought 'THEY'RE ATTACKING FROM ABOVE! THE REVOLUTION HAS BEGUN!' and picked up the pace, looking suspiciously around whenever I approached a tree. There are a lot of trees in my neighbourhood... 😂

Bailey is a very good boy with his leave it, and very handsome!
i’m grateful to have never actually been attacked by a squirrel, though oddly i do now really have the urge to find some really malicious squirrels, who will sit atop a tree branch and start throwing their prized possessions at me.

and thank you!

·
Registered
7,231 Posts
Harley has a lovely chunk out of his nose from a squirrel that never healed.....it was the squirrel's last gasp.

I think I told my attacked-by-a-squirrel-in-the-hot-tub story on here before. They're really cute but over running the area around here. Just tree rats

1 - 20 of 67 Posts