German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
I've used Capstar in the past in my cat for immediate flea relief. It is a one-time pill that kills all the adult fleas within 24 hours. You should check the safety of it for Poms. Check with your vet if this would work.

You would still have to follow up with something for the eggs and larvae (like Advantix or Frontline).

·
Registered
459 Posts
LeftyGinger, is your neighbor using Capstar as a preventive? That is not its intended use, it is a one time treatment, not longterm like most monthly preventives and is supposed to be processed out of the system very quickly. (Were you perhaps thinking of Comfortis, which is a monthly oral flea preventive- I know I always have to double-check which is which! :) )? I would imagine the risk of reaction is about similar to other oral medications, which is always a concern. I just wanted to offer a suggestion for something that worked to me and worked very quickly to get rid of the fleas.

We can agree to disagree :) ...I would never use Borax on an animal, the risks of toxicity seem much greater to me to do that than the Capstar. Seems we just have different opinions on what is more risky.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts