German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
There are a number of reasons why that i cannot answer, however I use Vetasyl which is 100% all natural supplement that keeps their stool perfect.

Vetasyl for Dogs & Cats - Constipation Relief for Pets - 1800PetMeds

I know it says "constipation relief" however it will do the same for the opposite, my holistic vet told me to put my 18yr old Shiba on it when his stools were not solid, my samoyed when she had a ruptured anal gland, and I now have my GSD on it as well trying to get his stool corrected while he makes the adjustment to his new life

·
Premium Member
4,821 Posts
There are a number of reasons why that i cannot answer, however I use Vetasyl which is 100% all natural supplement that keeps their stool perfect.

Vetasyl for Dogs & Cats - Constipation Relief for Pets - 1800PetMeds

I know it says "constipation relief" however it will do the same for the opposite, my holistic vet told me to put my 18yr old Shiba on it when his stools were not solid, my samoyed when she had a ruptured anal gland, and I now have my GSD on it as well trying to get his stool corrected while he makes the adjustment to his new life
Hi Diesel & Lace!
Did you know that you can purchase 1 pound of Whole Ground Psyllium Husk for about $7 at a health food store???? :wild: Thought it could save you some $$$$$!:)
Your holistic vet is very wise! Since our dogs do not get the "fur" from a fresh kill, some need this type of fiber to help their gut! And since they are also not eating the "inners" they may need the bile and enzymes for digestive purposes! Each dog has a different "gut" sensitivity that may need individual addressing.
Bemonoil: Maybe you could try a combination of both Bilex and Psyllium Seed! But only start with one at a time to evaluate the situation of your particular dog.
Hope this helps!
Moms ;)

·
Registered
482 Posts
Hi Diesel & Lace!
Did you know that you can purchase 1 pound of Whole Ground Psyllium Husk for about $7 at a health food store???? :wild: Thought it could save you some $$$$$!:)
Your holistic vet is very wise! Since our dogs do not get the "fur" from a fresh kill, some need this type of fiber to help their gut! And since they are also not eating the "inners" they may need the bile and enzymes for digestive purposes! Each dog has a different "gut" sensitivity that may need individual addressing.
Bemonoil: Maybe you could try a combination of both Bilex and Psyllium Seed! But only start with one at a time to evaluate the situation of your particular dog.
Hope this helps!
Moms ;)
Hey thanks!! I just ordered another bottle of Vetasyl but I will be looking into this for when we need another refill. I am all about the holistic approach. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts