German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has to be some point when they are just too big to be lap dogs....hubby spoils him horribly!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
lmao that's awesome HAHA. Dodger would do that if we let him haha

·
Registered
940 Posts
OMG Xander does that too - Xander's not nearly that big yet but still seems to think he's tiny enough to be a lapdog - and, of course, it's hubby that he does it with LOL.

What great photos - I have one of Xander and Vega (my whippet) both trying to fit on his lap...and, quite honestly, doing a pretty good job at it. :)

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I won't let him, one day hubby will wish he hadn't! But I can't help to notice how happy they both look. I suppose sometimes you gotta bend the rules a little to keep a happy household.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I won't let him, one day hubby will wish he hadn't!
Exactly! I've tried explaining that to hubs and he still thinks it's cute when he does it LOL :D I know I'll be laughing at hubby in the future when he has a 60+lb GSD on his lap! LMAO

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
My Great Dane still lays in my lap..makes a great blanket lol
@ Lillie, would love to know the breeder of your dog, he is beautiful ( I am partial to the long coats)

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My Great Dane still lays in my lap..makes a great blanket lol
@ Lillie, would love to know the breeder of your dog, he is beautiful ( I am partial to the long coats)

Thanks so much! I'm a little partial to him as well (love those long coats)....the contact info for my breeder is at the office, I'll PM it to you in the morning.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,951 Posts
Zoe's a 90 lb. lap dog herself and it hurts...but I wouldn't have it any other way,lol The hubby and dog look happy those pics are great:)

·
Registered
906 Posts
Aw thats cute! Brody wants to be a lap dog but our other dog gets to us first!

·
Registered
32,033 Posts
Nice pictures.

I like my big lapdog.

·
Super Moderator
6,129 Posts
Sage loves to sit/sprawl in my lap on the couch. I call her my poodle. :)

·
Registered
572 Posts
My baby still jumps up on my lap, and I'd love to let him stay there, but I just can't breathe. Lilie, a man who is kind enough to let a GSD be his lap dog is all right in my book. And the dog has this look in his eyes, "My daddy is THE BEST daddy in the whole, wide world!"

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
Hmmm, maybe your husband just needs to get bigger in order to accommodate Hondo. Start feeding him McDonalds.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My baby still jumps up on my lap, and I'd love to let him stay there, but I just can't breathe. Lilie, a man who is kind enough to let a GSD be his lap dog is all right in my book. And the dog has this look in his eyes, "My daddy is THE BEST daddy in the whole, wide world!"
They are great buddies. That is part of my evil plan. I make sure that my critters warm up to hubby - this ensures my ability to keep adding to the clan!

I tried to hold fast to the rule that Hondo wasn't allowed on the furniture. But Hondo really enjoys his cuddle time. So I told Hubby never let Hondo on the furniture unless he is given premission to 'load'. But the sneaky little booger has learned to crawl up on Hubby's lap.

The first picture shows Hondo's beginning process. First he puts his front legs on Hubby's lap and stays a moment like that. (You can see by Hubby's face he is asking Hondo "What are you doing?") Hondo plays it off like nothing is going on. Then Hondo will take one back leg at a time and hoist himself up slowly so his entire body is on Hubby. When Hondo is totally on hubby's lap, Hondo gives a face like "Well, looky here..how did that happen?" They really are a riot to watch together.

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Handsome Hondo!

I love him, he looks like a big, soft and cuddley teddy bear. :wub:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts