German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get a Walky Dog to exercise Kylie with. Right now she gets a morning walk (1.5-2 miles, depending on how much time I have) and an evening walk (1 mile) every day. On Saturdays and Sundays, she also gets about an hour at the dog park where she usually finds a playmate to wrestle with for most of the time there.

She will fetch in the house, but that doesn't really wear her out much. We usually play fetch for about 20 minutes/day.

When i try to play fetch with her in the backyard, she doesn't bring the ball back to me more than just a few times and then she gets it and lays down with it on the far side of the yard. I'd love to wear her out playing fetch, but it won't happen in the backyard when she won't bring the ball back to me.

If any of y'all have a recommendation for a different brand than Walky Dog that is still reasonably priced, please let me know about it.

Kylie is 1yo now.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
bike slowly and only go a short distance when you first start biking
with your dog. when you play fetch use a long line and make your dog
come to you everytime you throw the ball. if i were going to bike with
my dog he would be closer to 2 yrs old.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Be careful when biking your dog like it was said start slow and not very long running on the pavement can wear their pads down.

·
Registered
10,802 Posts
Besides his physical readiness she should also be reliable on loose lead walking in the presence of distractions. WD veered onto the shoulder with me, bike and all when he saw a squirrel. I have started him with the leash in my hand so I can release him when needed. I know it is not regarded the safest but it works best for me and him.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts