German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,599 Posts
There may be more changes after he blows his coat this spring.Last spring my boy lost most of the black on his haunches at 14 mths old.

·
Registered
966 Posts
My previous 2 Black/Red/Tans changed from darker to lighter slowly and subtly their whole lives and passed away very light,though they were very dark when young.

·
Registered
7,008 Posts
My previous 2 Black/Red/Tans changed from darker to lighter slowly and subtly their whole lives and passed away very light,though they were very dark when young.
It is amazing to compare their pictures each and every year. Some dogs don't even look like the same dog by the time they are five or six when compared to pictures at one year.

·
Registered
116 Posts
It looks to me like he will stay a blanket back but will lighten up some. His shoulder area and thigh area will probably lighten a little.
I was curious to see if my god changed much in coloration since he was 7 months and just looked of him at that age, and was a little surprised to see that he hasn't really lightened noticeably except a little on his face. He's a blanket back and a little lighter than yours. Personally blanket back is my favorite and I was crossing my fingers that he wasn't going to lighten into a saddleback lol :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Personally blanket back is my favorite and I was crossing my fingers that he wasn't going to lighten into a saddleback lol :)

Same here. Part of the reason I picked him when we were looking for an older GSD. We were lucky to have him rehomed to us.

·
Registered
966 Posts
It is amazing to compare their pictures each and every year. Some dogs don't even look like the same dog by the time they are five or six when compared to pictures at one year.

I look at past pictures of my dogs and don't recognize them,it happens so subtly. Maybe moreso with the dogs with lots of red.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts