German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Robyn's stomach was slightly bloated so I brought her in. So far the doctor don't think bloat, her heart and lungs sound excellent. She is in getting X-rays now. The vet loves her and can't believe how good she behaves, that is so far the positive of the visit:( I'm praying its nothing serious.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Keeping my fingers crossed for you & Robyn...

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
hope all is well with Robyn!

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Thinking of you two and hope all is well :(

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Robyn actually weighed about 1.4 pounds more then her norm, which was my concern along with the bigger belly. Well the vet called me in to view the xrays and Robyn's whole stomach is full of food. Looks like someone got into the food while I was out today. At first I thought it was the cat food, but I realized that I have a 1/2 bag of Fromm left and hmmmm it was open. This would make sense, because when I gave her her dinner she looked kinda on the green side and laid down eating it very slowly, leaving a lot when she was done. She is still not completely out of the woods. Vet wants us to take her for a walk to induce pooping, she is not to play with the other dogs, and I am to keep an eye on her to make sure she doesn't expand more or show other symptoms.

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shouldn't you be giving Gas X and charcoal as well? Glad you took her in!
The vet recommended gas x before the xrays, but after the xrays she said no because there isn't that much gas...its all food and its all in the stomach. She pointed out that her spleen looks good to. She says that its possible she is coming down with a stomach bug and it might make it take longer to digest the food.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Hope she feels better soon.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well the vet called me in to view the xrays and Robyn's whole stomach is full of food. Looks like someone got into the food while I was out today. At first I thought it was the cat food, but I realized that I have a 1/2 bag of Fromm left and hmmmm it was open.
Rufus did this exact same thing a couple of weeks ago - I was terrified, rushed him to the vet, etc. but all was fine. The next morning he pooped a lot and everything was ok again :D Worth taking them in though, if only to get the peace of mind - glad she's ok.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Aww poor Robyn ,hope she feels better...

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Sorry this happened to you and Robyn, but am thrilled it was nothing more than an ultra-full stomach!!! Hope she feel better in the morning!!!

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The vet was so nice, she took the time to explain and show me where on her body to watch for bloat. She pooped a couple times last night, hoping she gets it all out today.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Get well soon Robyn!

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How is Robyn doing now?
Her stomach has gone down some and her poop is normal. I think with one more poop, she will be okay. I only gave her about a cup of food this morning and she nibbled at it. Last night she seemed hungry and I didn't feed her. She almost gave me a heart attack. You know our pets mean a lot to us, but boy in that moment they become the whole world. I don't know what I would do without her. She is the last thing I see before I go to sleep and the first thing I see when I wake up, she is always with me. She is a special girl and I don't want to ever go through that again.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts