German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do y'all think about a full black German shepherd? Personally it is one of my favorites. What's your favorite color, or type of shepherd?!

·
Registered
482 Posts
I think black shepherds are beautiful, but to me personally, they definitely lose that GSD look. I love the standard black and tan, but I'm also extremely fond of the pure white shepherds. They look very wolf-like and have a grace about them.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'm a big fan of sables, mind you there's a saying about horses that goes "a good horse doesn't come in a bad colour" I guess that applies to dogs too..

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think black shepherds are beautiful, but to me personally, they definitely lose that GSD look. I love the standard black and tan, but I'm also extremely fond of the pure white shepherds. They look very wolf-like and have a grace about them.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App
Yes you are right! White shepherds are beautiful, but stay away from mud!

·
Registered
766 Posts
im partial to the standard black and tan. However, im getting another shepherd in a few years that will be all black :) as long as its a shepherd colors dont bother me too much :)

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
I love them all. Black, white, B&T, bicolour, sable, blue, liver, etc

My favourites are the bicolour and sable though :) The darker the better :D

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I love the look of the solid blacks! But yes, when I go shopping for my next dog, it will be ALL about temperament.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Sable and fawn would be my favorites.

I don't care for all black GSD's. Lisl's half brother that lives across the street is an all black working K9. He's a very nice dog but I just can't get past the all black coat.

To me, they just don't look like GSD's when they have a solid coat color and no mask.

As an aside, the dog mentioned above, Ibor, was released on a suspect that would not show his hands when ordered to do so and was taken down by Ibor. The suspect required 20 stitches to his forearm and bicep.

Good dog Ibor!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Sable is my favorite, the blackest the better with a silver underlay. I love the bit of wild it makes them especially the light gold eyes. Years back we purchased a black and tan with a large blanket and thick mask, his eyes were a light gold and this boy was huge. Total doll, but he sure made people watch their step around him, which is why we got him for her. She lived out in the country all alone raising a cousin of mine and we worried about her safety.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've had a black and tan w/blanket, bicolor, and now a black. I guess I'm partial to the darker colors but always a GSD.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
My girl is black. My favourite is a dark, dark sable (with a reddish undertone), but I also like bi-colours and even black and tan, if they have a lot of black, so I guess I like the dark coloured ones too!

I really wanted the sable from the litter, but was given a black one. The colour grew on me because I love my pup so much, but believe it or not I wasn't crazy about the solid blacks at first!

I should add, I don't like whites or long coats (no offense to anyone!)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes I get you, I don't like whites either! It feels like its a different dog. I heard that the long hair on the GSDs is a fault!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts