German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there have any feedback on the treatment for aspergilosis? Im about to have my boy scoped and scanned. Thank you!

·
Registered
4,126 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I don't have any personal experience with aspergilosis, but did do some reading on it. Apparently it's prevalent in GSDs. Treatment seems to vary greatly on whether it's sinonasal or disseminated, and also how involved it is.

Hopefully someone with some personal experience will chime in!

·
Registered
31,144 Posts
Anyone out there have any feedback on the treatment for aspergilosis? Im about to have my boy scoped and scanned. Thank you!
I've seen the topic a couple of times over the years but not often. You should find them by searching the "Search Community" at the top for "aspergillosis " And I think there is a thread with it spelled "aspergilosis " as well.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I had a BAD that had nasal aspergillus. She was treated with itraconazole and later we added terbinafin. We did try fluconazole, which was less expensive, but didn't work. If nasal, sometimes they can treat with medicine that goes thru the nose.
I have a friend who's dog has systemic aspergillus and drug treatment is the same. It apparently has been found to have a strong genetic link, and is more often found in females, according to a study from 2016. My friend's dog had a female littermate who developed aspergillus. None of the males from the litter developed it. Let me know if you have other questions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts