German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Osa came home with us on Christmas Eve. Boy, did we have an interesting Christmas morning! First the dogs got into a little snarling biting spat and then, not one, but BOTH dogs had made us a Christmas present-- a big runny poop inside the house! And Regen has never done anything like that before.

Happy to say, things have gotten steadily better. No fights since Christmas morning, only a couple of warnings that stopped immediately with verbal correction.

Osa is a real sweetie. She is being very gentle with Regen, despite Regen wanting to be a big butthead at times. They had the most fun going hiking together. Here are some pictures of Osa on her first day home and then of the hikes :)

Sniffing things together

Eating snow together :)

They only love me for my hot dogs.

And from today's hike:
Regen, happy to have someone to chase

I'm hoping this will work out. After Christmas morning, we were worried, but lots of long hikes and obedience work seems to be restoring harmony between dogs. :wub:

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
Great pics! What beauties! Fingers crossed all will work out.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
paws crossed! they're both beautiful dogs.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
She's gorgeous! Glad to hear that things are improving. Did she come with the name Osa? Just asking because when I lived there every chow was named Oso or Osa. :laugh: Of course there were also a lot of dogs named Chama too. :)

Where is it that you hiking? I miss hiking out there! I used to hike every day with Massie and then baby Chama.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ruth, she came with the name Vega, and we wanted to change it to something with the same end sound but different beginning so that Regen's name sounded different enough to tell which dog we were calling :). Osa & Chama are totally common names around here, though I've only met males (Oso) so far.

The hiking was in the Sandia Foothills and then back in the Manzano mountains.

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
Osa came home with us on Christmas Eve. Boy, did we have an interesting Christmas morning! First the dogs got into a little snarling biting spat and then, not one, but BOTH dogs had made us a Christmas present-- a big runny poop inside the house! And Regen has never done anything like that before.

Happy to say, things have gotten steadily better. No fights since Christmas morning, only a couple of warnings that stopped immediately with verbal correction.

Osa is a real sweetie. She is being very gentle with Regen, despite Regen wanting to be a big butthead at times. They had the most fun going hiking together. Here are some pictures of Osa on her first day home and then of the hikes :)

Sniffing things together

Eating snow together :)

They only love me for my hot dogs.

And from today's hike:
Regen, happy to have someone to chase

I'm hoping this will work out. After Christmas morning, we were worried, but lots of long hikes and obedience work seems to be restoring harmony between dogs. :wub:
Thanks for sharing.
Their markings are similar. The one with the silver back looks like my girl.
Oh and YOU have nice markings too. ;-)

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
Both gorgeous! Thanks for rescuing! Hope they end up being best friends.

·
Registered
16,649 Posts
Ruth, she came with the name Vega, and we wanted to change it to something with the same end sound but different beginning so that Regen's name sounded different enough to tell which dog we were calling :). Osa & Chama are totally common names around here, though I've only met males (Oso) so far.

The hiking was in the Sandia Foothills and then back in the Manzano mountains.
The first year I lived in Abq I lived right up near the foothills. Then I moved up to Sandia Park because it was cooler up there and closer to the mountains.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The first year I lived in Abq I lived right up near the foothills. Then I moved up to Sandia Park because it was cooler up there and closer to the mountains.
We lived right near Sandia Park (Sedillo Hill) for the first 3 years in ABQ because we both taught in Sandia Park. It sure would be nice to live there now with the pups- much more people-free space to hike with the dogs.

The foothills are always crawling with people and bikers. We went there yesterday DURING the blizzard and we still saw 3 bikers, a couple of runners, and some people with kids.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Beautiful dogs, best of luck to all of you.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
Congrats on the new addition! Great pics, glad Regen now has a buddy:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts