German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have an 11 month female, sansa. a couple of months ago she started having a very minor limp then once she was jumping on me and i had to nudge her with the knee with no to go down it hit her and she was in pain(trainer orders), took her to the vet and they gave her pain reliever and anti inflammatory medicine, the limping comes and goes but 2 days ago it was too much and i took her to another vet who xrayed her and said had juvenile arthritis. I dont have the clear ones (they still didnt email them to me) can anyone confirm or give me tips on what to do)

Attachments

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm not sure about Arthritis...the images you took photos of are hard to see and typically an extreme flexed joint is preferred for diagnosis. The last two are more clear. On the right, I feel I see Panosteitis lesions which would make sense given what you're describing (on and off limping). Do you have another vet you could take her to? Ask about Pano - it's a common ailment in the breed.

I am not a vet or radiologist, though...so take what I say with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
31,368 Posts
I would take her to an orthopedic surgeon and take the xrays with you. I also would suspect Pano.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Iam planning to take her to another dr. Tomorrow but already started on carbrufen, am asking for an opinion because am afraid the dr.s just want to take more money and in fact its something else

·
Registered
31,368 Posts
Nobody on here is a vet. We can't have an opinion for something we don't know. Your best bet is to take the xrays to an ortho for a 2nd opinion. It's a rare vet that is just in it to get money.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nobody on here is a vet. We can't have an opinion for something we don't know. Your best bet is to take the xrays to an ortho for a 2nd opinion. It's a rare vet that is just in it to get money.
Yes i know but someone might have insightful advice, and also many vets here will try to exaggerate symptoms to give more meds, for example when she was 4 months she vomited once and wasnt eating well, he wanted to give lots of medicine and shots, but then i went to the most experienced vet here and he told me 99% its just a cold, and gave her one shot and she was fine.. the older one wanted to give her around 3 shots with pills also, so i have to be careful.. thanks for the advice

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Took her to another dr. And he said there's a slight break in the bone upper crust (forgot what he told me the scientific name) will take her to another for a 4th opinion ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts