German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody
currently we are feeding all of our dog canidae dog food. With what I have read with them changing the ingredients now I am looking for something else to feed them.
when I checked out dog food analysis, one of the best foods on there was Artemis. It has some grains, but very little. All of my dogs are different sizes, some large some small, and I want to feed them all the same kind of food. Does anybody have experience with this brand of dog food? and if so what are your thoughts

My German Shepherd is on a grain free food. I just switched him tonight from Origen to Evo red meat and I'll see how he does on that but I don't want to put all of the other dogs right now on a grain free food.

Thanks everyone.
Melissa

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
ive looked into artemis also. there are very few people that carry it where i live (midwest). i like the looks of the ingredients, but would prefer a higher protein and cals for the adult dog food. only 337 cals/cup and artemis prices are higher than canidae. it did not look very cost efficient to me. im still feeding canidae and i dont feel like the artemis ingredients look so much better. (they also use barley, which is one of the additions to the canidae that has people upset)

im surprised that the first 4 ingredients are animal protein sources and 2 of those are in meal form, yet the caloric content is relatively low and protein is 23%.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts