German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My dog breathes long and heavy in her sleep and sometimes sounds wierd, I think shes always done this? recent shes been to the vet for a check up though and she was totally fine. Is anyone elses shepherd like this when they sleep? I never really noticed it much before cause there is always an air cleaner going or a fan etc..

Once in a while it is high pitch noise lol really wierd. When she breaths out. Just when she sleeps never during the day. She can run for hours and never tire almost like a Mal. :eek::help::help::wild:

·
Registered
766 Posts
nope shes quiet as a mouse. my buddy had 2 dogs (dont recall what kind) that weighed 150+ lbs that snored...sounded like the devil on the other side of the wall

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
Mine sometimes make noises/run when they're dreaming, but are usually quiet.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I have one dog at the moment (two weeks out on my puppy), but that dog, a shih tzu, often dreams and will bark close-mouthed in his sleep. It's very cute.

·
Banned
377 Posts
My GSD is very quiet, sleeps like the dead. Rarely get any twitches out of her.
Previous dog (mutt) was often twitching all four feet and sometimes
almost barking in her sleep.

·
Premium Member
21,368 Posts
mine is very quiet, altho the other nite she snored like a freight train probably because she's been ill and was wiped out..

I was thinking, gee, here I banish the husband to another bedroom because of "his" snoring, and now Masi is snoring her head off right next to me:)

·
Registered
261 Posts
My male often grumbles, groans, and occasionally outright snores. I find the grumbles adorable, however at dog training when all the dogs are crated next to each other other owners often think he is growling... Sounds nothing like his growl and he is clearly out cold. This is an AKC club and often the dogs are much smaller and their owners laugh when it's pointed out he is sleeping.

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

·
Registered
874 Posts
LOL I read this right as Roxy made her "cow" moo. When she's just getting into a deep sleep she lets out a moan that sounds just like a cow mooing.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Only when Lisl wakes me up to read or have a cigarette while leaning back on one paw. :D

No, she is a pretty silent sleeper.

Ossie on the other hand sounded like a wind tunnel when he slept. I don't know what that dog used to deam about, but he'd yap in his sleep, and heave and ho when breathing, and moan every now and again. He always seemed to be chasing rabbits with his paw twitches and leg movements.

OSSIE! Wake up and go to sleep!

·
Registered
4,280 Posts
Mine is a very loud snorer.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts