German Shepherds Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

· Registered
1,235 Posts
Panzer & my ole' girl Dalmatian, Kenzie, are inside dogs. We have a fenced-in back yard that seemed big enough until Panzer grew. We'd definately like to enlarge the fenced-in area soon.

When Panzer was a little pup, DH would sit on one end of the living room & I'd sit at the other. We'd roll his ball back & forth and he'd run as fast as his little legs would carry him. Now, two bounds and he's run as far as the house goes. :)

· Registered
83 Posts
Inside only! Our pups go to work with us every day, and if for some reason we leave them at home, our husky has free reign of the house while our GSD gets crated (they get into trouble sometimes when theyre both out..)

They are outside only under supervision.. Our husky loves to lay in the dirt and watch the clouds and smell the breeze while I play with our GSD. :)

· Registered
103 Posts
My dogs i would consider indoor dogs. They go out to do their business and for walks/play/training but other then that we have them in the house. It's either too hot or too rainy and cold. If on the odd chance it's a day when it's not one of these days I will go out in the backyard with them and let them goof off.

· Registered
6,862 Posts
My dogs are both, but mostly inside. If they want to go out just to wander around or use the restroom they can. We have french doors so we can see them, or I go out with them.

· Registered
6,233 Posts
All my pets are inside only. Although Bianca does love to be out in the yard, she'll ask to go out even if she doesn't have to go, just to lay outside-- especially when it snows, she loves to lay out in the snow! However I don't let her stay outside unsupervised. We are outside a lot but that's together, on walks and at events and things like that.

· Registered
3,007 Posts
Mine are inside but love to be out to play as we have a nice sized fenced yard. When they are ready to come in Max likes to jump on the patio door. They are never left out alone while we are gone.

· Registered
6,564 Posts
The Hooligans are house pets. They go outside to potty and play. Depending on the weather they're usually out no more than 3 or 4 hours at the very most. I guess I'm out with them about 95% of the time but not always.

· Registered
1,968 Posts
I keep my pup inside my home he is a part of the family. He goes out side to use the rest room, play, walks, hiking, lake, park and training. Sleeps in our room at night. :D

· Banned
5,218 Posts
My dogs sleep inside and exercise outdoors. I wouldn't have it any other way. I wouldn't stick a son or daughter outside to live, so why would I have a dog live out there? Family members live and sleep indoors where it's warm and comfortable.
Same for my dog, although when my kids were teenagers thoughts of putting them outside entered my head. :D

· Registered
14,349 Posts
All 3 dogs in my house are inside dogs but we all spend alot of time outdoors.

Now that my cousin lives with me they are only alone for about 4-5 hours a day.

· Registered
4 Posts
My dogs are outside dogs. We have a *really* small house with almost 5 kids (I'm due next month! lol). I do have a doggie door installed and may end up letting them come into the laundry room area so they are not cold at night. They have a nice fenced in yard to run and go wherever they please.

· Registered
12,395 Posts
I have one dog that is outside 24/7. He can not tolerate being indoors. Hondo (GSD) pretty much decides on his own. If he wants in, he comes in. If he wants out, he goes out. Since it has gotten cooler, he'll wake me up in the middle of the night to go outside. My mini doxie stays in pretty much all the time, and only goes out to potty. If I'm not home she is kept in a kennel. If I'm outside she plays in the back yard. Again, it's her choice - she pretty much likes to be with me - but can't be trusted off leash so if I'm working outside she has to be in the fence.

· Registered
318 Posts
inside! we are blessed to hv about 1/1/2 acres as our yard but Mia will only utilize it for potty breaks or when we are outside with her , or when im outside with her and her 5 gsd friends! rest of the time shes on her sofa!:wub:

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.