German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very suspicious about these AKC papers . I cannot find this breeders name or kennel anywhere online. I am considering buying a 5 month old female from a couple who bought her from this breeder supposedly.

Attachments

·
Registered
27,316 Posts
where are the papers?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you can't read what it says, supposedly both the Sire and Dam are from MK1 if that means anything. Google has been inconclusive.

·
Registered
8,125 Posts
If i google my breeders name or kennel name and state it will come up in shows schedules results things like that but she doesn't have Facebook or a website. Just set in her ways and not interested in computers. People seek her puppies out through word of mouth. Did you go on the akc website. Is she mentioned in the list of breeders. Did you trying googling sire and dams name it is hard to read names on paper.

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
submit the information to the AKC and ask them to verify.

there seems to be a DNA ? that will help you.

backyard breeder?

registration isn't everything and sometimes isn't anything

what is the dog like .

·
Registered
27,316 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
submit the information to the AKC and ask them to verify.

there seems to be a DNA ? that will help you.

backyard breeder?

registration isn't everything and sometimes isn't anything

what is the dog like .
Haven't gotten to meet the dog yet. Yes there are DNA numbers. In my limited experience, when a breeder has legit working dog lines they usually are going to show up online someplace. I googled the dogs but nothing really concrete shows up. Either way, what stops a person from just finding dog names online and putting those names on the paper ? The papers show up way better in an email if anyone here wants a better look at them.

·
Registered
27,316 Posts
I can't pm you as you don't have enough posts....and I don't want to share my address here. Join that fb page I linked, I am an admin there.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I have seen her name now and then on a local GSD page. If you are wary or untrusting of her, don't get a pup from her, there are many good breeders in the area. https://www.facebook.com/kim.long.3950
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Wes...im longhttps://www.facebook.com/kim.long.3950

What are the parents registered names? I can't read them on that paper you posted.
Registered name for Sire is MK1's Sargeant Jackson Von Der Gauss and the Dam is MK1's Brandi Leigh's Rica

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I can't pm you as you don't have enough posts....and I don't want to share my address here. Join that fb page I linked, I am an admin there.
Thank you so much ! That worked wonders ! I'm leaning towards the papers being legit now that I've found her on FB and I can see her working protection with her dogs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
These people bought this dog from her and they don't even keep it in the house. They keep 4 GSD in the barn and it has no lights according to the owner. So the dog is 5 months and not housebroken and I'm also concerned with socialization issues

·
Registered
27,316 Posts
profchaos71, I sent you a pm on fb.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
These people bought this dog from her and they don't even keep it in the house. They keep 4 GSD in the barn and it has no lights according to the owner. So the dog is 5 months and not housebroken and I'm also concerned with socialization issues
Hello, I have had 2 'unsocial' shepherds, and believe me, its no picnic!:eek: 'Lady' was going to be PTS, so we stepped in, and 'Stella' from a BYB. Stella had no friends/playmates until she was close to 10 years old. Good luck with your decision:D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I am talking to the breeder now. She said that the breeding was not planned and she says it wasn't one of her proudest moments . Her daughter took in all of her dogs while they were getting a new house and moving and the dogs were not always kept apart during that time.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts