German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The breeder said they are full breed and showed me the mom on site and showed me their father on his phone (only a head picture) . First time owning this breed but with all the research I've done I think their tail is kind of short to be full blood. I'm posting the mom and dad too maybe they are a certain type of gsd. Puppies are currently 13 weeks.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
Puppies have a shorter, finer, and an often fluffier coat when young. These puppies look "normal" to me for GSD puppies. Do you have reason to doubt the breeder?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Is it just me or are the puppies vastly different in size? Are they the same age? That's a little strange. I assume you have already purchased them both? They look like GSD's, but are they even from the same litter? Have you taken them to a vet yet?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Puppies have a shorter, finer, and an often fluffier coat when young. These puppies look "normal" to me for GSD puppies. Do you have reason to doubt the breeder?
No, I don't (that was a good question to reflect on btw). Thank you for helping me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it just me or are the puppies vastly different in size? Are they the same age? That's a little strange. I assume you have already purchased them both? They look like GSD's, but are they even from the same litter? Have you taken them to a vet yet?
No, you are right. He doubles her in size. She was the runt and he was the pick of the litter because of his size and good looks.

·
Super Moderator
6,402 Posts
The female pup appears to be sable.... a color that is genetically impossible to produce between the two adults pictured.

The tails look fine but i think they’re getting over on you in more ways than one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The female pup appears to be sable.... a color that is genetically impossible to produce between the two adults pictured.

The tails look fine but i think they’re getting over on you in more ways than one.
Interesting. They act quite alike though and they sleep so close to each other sometimes on top of each other. And seem to love one another greatly. They had another litter mate even lighter than her. Heres an image. I have the 2 cuddling in the corner.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Well, as insinuated above, they may not be from the same litter, or it is possible that two fathers got the female pregnant or that the mom isn't even the mother of either. Their size just seems really far apart to be siblings.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Btw why do you think they are getting over me ?

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
First off cute pups. But there is not much chance that you didn't get taken. Those pups are not the same age. I would bet money.
And barring pattern sable? Those dogs did not produce that female.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
First off cute pups. But there is not much chance that you didn't get taken. Those pups are not the same age. I would bet money.
And barring pattern sable? Those dogs did not produce that female.
Thank you. Very interesting. Now I'm starting to think something's a foot. Because multiple people including yourself have said something similar I will make a new thread on the matter.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts