German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My puppy is only 5 months today and is a pretty good size pup, he is about 60 lbs , and just a bulldozer, I have a female thats about 90 lbs, and they play ruff, not that they are hurting each other , but the puppy comes back at her kind of ruff when she knocks him down or grabs him as just playing , Is this normal, and is this going to make him mean tolds other dogs later. He dont take nothing off her now:eek:

·
Registered
9,731 Posts
Is your other dog an adult? If so, then she is your best helper. As long as she doesn't hurt him and he is not afraid of her, she is OK.
But you are the one deciding when they play and where. Once in awhile you step in and work with them separately to maintain your leadership.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I think the big thing is to make sure your puppy respects your older dog. I let my 12-year old golden retriever play with my 5-month old GSD and it gets pretty rough sometimes. Only rarely will my GR correct my pup, but when she does I make sure my pup respects that and leaves her alone. And he always does so there's never an issue. I never correct my GR for correcting my pup.

Sounds like your older dog has your pup nicely in order :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well my female is 18 months I dont think she is considered a adult yet, but she sure puts put with alot , but she has had enough she lets him know, but there is other times he just keeps coming back for more . hard headed :puppy:

·
Registered
31,835 Posts
Your 18 month old bitch is 90 pounds, and your 5 month old dog is 60 pounds? What are you feeding and how much of it. Can you post pictures? Those are gigantic sizes for GSDs, and if they are overweight, you are very likely to be causing them a lot of trouble down the line.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A picture of my 18 month old bitch is on my profile, her mom was 90lbs + and her dad was 125lbs, she is not over weight at all she still has filling out to do, My puppy it real stocky, I hope he is not overweight , the vet told me he will be around 125 or more, his legs and feet are huge, His dad had a big head, think shoulders his mom was pretty good size to good size too I dont know how to post pictures here or I would

1 - 6 of 6 Posts