German Shepherds Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the snow is here we have a large amount of snowmobiler running threw our off leash walking trails. Today on our walk we came across one so I called Molly to me and she acted like a little lady sitting bye my side and watching the snowmobiler pass bye slowly. I was thankful he wasn't going 100kms like most do! Halfway threw the trail there is a pole line where Molly and I turned off and broke trail back to our road. As we got about 1 km down the pole line there was a "no trespassing private property" sign on one of the poles. There was no way I was turning around, we walked threw snow up to our knees and up and down hills. Are pole lines illegal to walk down?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I see this has been here awhile....I'm not really sure. I know that here Maryland and in New York were I have lived, the power companies have a right of way vs. owning the land. The landowner still holds the rights to the land. When I was a kid, we had a power line that transited through our property and we posted it against hunting and trespassing. It didn't work very well, people still rode their 4 wheelers and snow machines down the access road on the line. We didn't enforce it but I suppose we could have. Try contacting the owner and ask for permission to navigate the power line. Often times a name and address with phone number is on the bottom.....at least in order for it to be legally posted, that's what we had to do. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Snow...how far north? I am just south of Highway 7....

·
Registered
13,884 Posts
Debanneball don't panic . No snow here . In fact we are above seasonal norms . I am north of 7 .
This is an old old thread . The OP asked the question Dec 23 2010.

Personally I would stay out of the hydro power corridors.
Too many concerns about electric and magnetic fields , health , cancer .

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
:D OMG, sorry..........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.